RPG Maker 2009 Ultimate
Posted 14 November 2010 - 01:39 AM
Patches of the RPG Maker 2000/2003 editor have always been the greatest problem, because they all changed the resource section in the executable. So there were two ways of distrubuting such a modification: Either the users had to change their RPG2000/3.exe by themselves using the famous “Resource Hacker” or replace it by a new one, which was often a big problem because modifications made in the past, and even localizations were overridden.
The aim of my project is to make things easier. RPG Maker 2009 Ultimate neither changes the executable file nor replaces it. It’s compatible with all versions and this way very flexible. When started, it will load any RPG Maker 200x editor and inject itself into it. From the inside, it is able to modify the RPG Maker then.
Already implemented features
* Interface modification: new, compact toolbar, seperated (”floating”) map tree and chip selector, project’s name in title bar
* User-defined interface modification or localization through INI files (UIMod). This replaces the old way, where you had to use Resource Hacker.
* Support for multiple instances (up to 100) without conflicts
* Opening project by entering the path
* Replacement of fonts (this way eliminating the bug where RM2k3 would display a yen sign instead of a backslash)
* “User tools” menu where you can put tools you want to call quickly
* Support for resources in subfolders
* File info for resources (image size, title/copyright information for MIDIs and MP3s, …)
* “Undo” button for many event commands
* New charset animation type “No steps when moving”
* New hotkeys, F11 can now be used in every window to open the music selector, F9 also works in the database
* Event command highlighting
* Size of event listboxes can be increased
* “Secret”, password-protected events
* Support for lower layer tiles in upper layer (with one important restriction, read ultimate.txt for details)
* Go to a map by entering its ID or a part of its name
* Support for comments up to 128 lines
* No size check at importing images
* Support for 125 (5×25) sprites instead of 25 (5×5) in one animation file
* Useful tips and tricks
* Language files included: German, French, Spanish and Polish
* Language file editor
* Integration of CGSS
* Minimap of current map for better overview
* Better sound player with music download feature
* Event template feature (with parameters) for often used types of events (e.g. “chest”, “teleport”, …)
Main window with floating tool panel
Go to Map window
Secret event password change dialog
Secret event password enter dialog
Tools menu with user-defined tools
Tips & Tricks window
Database with vertical tabs and event command highlighting
Maximized event listbox
Resource manager with file info
Listing of files in all subfolders
New event animation style
Language file editor
Use of an animation file with 125 sprites
Download of version 0.15 Alpha
Please read the text files carefully before testing, especially ultimate.txt and faq.txt!
Posted 14 November 2010 - 07:50 AM
Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live.
Posted 15 November 2010 - 12:39 AM
Also, does this RM2K9 Ultimate patch include your PicsInBattle patch? (Because that alone is worth the download imo). I know you took it down due to some critical bug but I hope you've been able to work it out!
Posted 15 November 2010 - 02:23 AM
would there be any way to make an event like the "Exchange tile" event like how it works now all grass tiles would change to snow tiles or something - could you make an event where only one specific tile (a specific coordinate on the map) changes??? like Zelda 3 cutting bushes effect but without the need for 500,000 events - and it would preserve the collision properties of that tile like allowing you to walk through the bushes. Basically turn it into a common event for the entire game any bush tile turns into stump tile when you attack it?? that would be so much easier to code than the bottom-up or top-down way currently where each bush is an event that displays the animation/erases. Or even just a way to tag those events so the common event reads the tag instead of each bush in the game is epic pages of code
that EVENT FACTORY thing sounds really good somebody at Squaresoft is probably laughing at us for making each treasure chest/shopkeeper/etc by hand
Posted 15 November 2010 - 05:44 AM
About coordinates: Will be added.
About exchange tile: Needs modification of engine; will be part of RM2k3 Revolution Patch
Posted 15 November 2010 - 07:02 AM
Posted 15 November 2010 - 11:22 AM
Posted 15 November 2010 - 12:52 PM
Version 0.01 (27.04.2009) [About screen shows v1.00!]
First testing version
Current RPG Making Projects:
Main projects: Eternia's Promise, demo out on rpgmaker.net
Desperation Of A New Era. Prolouges out, Part 1 out. Finally a game that I can
upload and complete.
Liberated Arms VX Ace Current Status: Cancelled. For now.
Dreamwalker VX Ace Current Status: Dead, unless it's restarted one day.
Story of Ligara: Dead. Again.
And my other thousand games...(not literally)
Posted 15 November 2010 - 05:50 PM
- It was started in 2009
- It should go conform with 2000/2003 => 200X, and I think, 2009 looks cooler than 2010 or 2011.
And could you tell me what exactly looks complicated about it? You are the second one who tells me that, and I don't understand it^^
Posted 15 November 2010 - 06:24 PM
Posted 15 November 2010 - 06:57 PM
Posted 15 November 2010 - 08:32 PM
For that, you can use UIMod (even in language files), but it's a bit more complicated: Look at the example files and read ultimate.txt and maybe the changelog, there is a lot of information in it.
Posted 18 November 2010 - 06:23 PM
Looks awesome. I love you for doing this work. rm2k3 is way cooler than rmxp or vx.
Question though, this may be stupid, but does this create game disks so that people won't need rm2k9?
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users