#1 Futurhythm

Futurhythm

Advanced Member

• Salty Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 864 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 09 April 2012 - 11:55 AM

Today I stumbled across my old RPG Maker stuff which I had long since forgotten about. Basically high off an indiscrimate level of nostalgia, I reinstalled RPG Maker 2000 (seeing Don Miguel's fugly font scrawled over the Japanese text on the loading screen almost gave me a nostalgic stroke) and played a bunch of games.

So yeah, before I knew it, I was typing gamingw.net into my address bar and BAM here I am.

I've had a shitty 2010-2011, and 2012 hasn't been off to an awesome start either. But the nostalgia I got from remembering being part of the community here has honestly given me a level of joy I haven't felt in a long while. I really needed it.

I started coming here early on in my high school years and stopped when I was in Year 10 or 11 or so for whatever reason; I don't remember why I stopped being active since I have no bad memories about this place at all. Since then I've finished university and also been through a couple of jobs and felt the horrible rigours of being a grownup.

I used to go by the nick exon_zero (geez, much younger me needs a damn good wacking), wasn't a super important member or made that much of an impression. I was in the Anime/Manga board a lot (another relic of much younger me) and for a while in Resources quite a bit. My only claim to fame was coming second place in a short story competition held by Skylark and Xanqui.

Anyways, glad to see this place is still alive and kickin'. It's almost like a time capsule here - I love it!

#2 Warped655

Warped655

Scanner

• Salty Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3516 posts
  • LocationSouthern Indiana (unfortunately)

Posted 09 April 2012 - 04:27 PM

Welcome back. The place has had an odd resurgence of old members lately.  As for being a time capsule, unfortunately some of the archive has been lost, it only goes back to 2005, and much of 06 and 07 seem to be missing.

Anyway, stay awhile and post lots.

sig.gif

#3 IceManual5580

IceManual5580

Advanced Member

• Salty Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 388 posts
  • LocationNash

Posted 15 April 2012 - 08:46 AM

Welcome friend. I believe there are still an odd number of us working on actual rpgmaker games, and it is unfortunate to hear you've had a few bad last couple years, best of luck for the future and in hopes of fixing whatever it was that got fucked.

Indeed, pull up a chair to the Saltw Fireplace and stay awhile.

. .  .   salty is right

#4 Faust

Faust

Comedy Bronze

• Moderators
  • 7436 posts
  • LocationThe Gravy Train

Posted 15 April 2012 - 04:34 PM

Welcome back sirrah! Hopefully rejoining our community will help your life GROW AND WONDERFULSOME!!!

PS: Come to IRC also. Remember: irc.esper.net room: saltw.

No more irc.gamingw.net ;_;. ETERNITY WAS A LIE ALSO WHERE IS REMORSE.
Hey hey hey

#5 Futurhythm

Futurhythm

Advanced Member

• Salty Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 864 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 17 April 2012 - 10:57 AM

irc.esper.net? I miss irc.whahay.net already. Actually, I miss the word 'whahay' in general.

#6 Faust

Faust

Comedy Bronze

• Moderators
  • 7436 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 09:08 PM

MORE PRAISE FOR FAUST AND HISTORICAL GW FACTOID:

whahay was the catchphrase of a dude named GROM from the 2000/2001 era, however he said it Wahey. I liked it but thought it aesthetically displeasing, so changed it to WHAHAY, which I said every sentence or so. From that, it became a semi-GW catchphrase.

Later, when we launched an IRC network, it was based on a subsite Bart set up called whahay.net!!!

THE LEGACY OF FAUST HAHAHA.

See, this is why we need the fucking GW dictionary back in town.
Hey hey hey

#7 Biggles

Biggles

Advanced Member

• Salty Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 984 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 20 April 2012 - 09:40 PM

Every entry mentions Faust. Who is this Faust?

#8 Faust

Faust

Comedy Bronze

• Moderators
  • 7436 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 11:45 PM

This is why we are getting the dictionary back, so that that question will NEVER be asked again >:O.

That is like turning up to a bible class and saying "WTF is this Jesus fellow?"

Here is a sneak preview of the entry for you biggles:

Faust: grate guy he has a big penes also everyone liek faust
Hey hey hey

#9 Pilsen

Pilsen

Administrator

• Salty Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3904 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 21 April 2012 - 12:28 PM

I always liked the term whahay for some reason and am glad to learn its short history. Anyway welcome back man

Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live.

#10 DDay

DDay

Dead man

• Salty Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3934 posts
  • LocationDead man

Posted 23 April 2012 - 07:39 PM

MORE PRAISE FOR FAUST AND HISTORICAL GW FACTOID:

whahay was the catchphrase of a dude named GROM from the 2000/2001 era, however he said it Wahey. I liked it but thought it aesthetically displeasing, so changed it to WHAHAY, which I said every sentence or so. From that, it became a semi-GW catchphrase.

Later, when we launched an IRC network, it was based on a subsite Bart set up called whahay.net!!!

THE LEGACY OF FAUST HAHAHA.

See, this is why we need the fucking GW dictionary back in town.

Also wasn't it a sub site that had RPG stuff?

DDay is Dead  I am a dead man typing

DDay22.png?1386551622784

#11 Faust

Faust

Comedy Bronze

• Moderators
  • 7436 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 11:19 PM

The subsite stored a lot of weird stuff actually, the RPG stuff was all on the main site.

Hey hey hey

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users