• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#1 ThugTears666

ThugTears666

Advanced Member

• Salty Members
  • 9539 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 05:15 AM

RIDICULOUS BUT AWESOME. METAL GEAR SOLID V ALL SEEING EYE REPTILIAN RACE SKULL AND CROSSBONES CONSPIRACY EDITION TRAILER
Posted Image

#2 Roman

Roman

Gameboy Advanced Member

• Salty Members
  • 4207 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia Moon Base

Posted 09 December 2012 - 05:38 AM

ok I gotta admit that when he showed the "metal gear solid V" thing over the title that was pretty flippin cool

#3 tuxedo marx

tuxedo marx

Advanced Member

• Salty Members
  • 5624 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 05:54 AM

it's big boss in a vr simulation, an exploration of the idea that vr training in metal gear doesn't reproduce fear or pain

namaste

#4 Supra Mairo

Supra Mairo

Advanced Member

• Salty Members
  • 3682 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 08:43 PM

They are really milking this franchise dry.

#5 jamie

jamie

ruined former youth seeking atonement

• Salty Members
  • 8248 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 08:54 PM

I kind of dip in and out of metal gear solid but it has always been a fun series when I do get interested in it. I still haven't played MGS4, which I guess I'll get to one day, and then in the distant future I'll probably play this, too. I thought the trailer was interesting, unexpected. It doesn't feel like metal gear solid but it looks like this character is some kind of new clone of the snake/big boss DNA and he is possibly being put through tests and training to produce a mental state that would make him a good solider - which is a good setup for a stealth game, if that is what this will be. He'll need to outsmart and sneak around all of the enemies and scientists and technology of the facility he is being kept in. If that is what it is. Probably not, but it sounds cool.

#6 fucked up wastoid

fucked up wastoid

Advanced Member

• Salty Members
  • 5318125 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 09:35 PM

I still haven't played MGS4, which I guess I'll get to one day,

don't. it is really, really bad and retroactively ruins the previous 3 games (especially the second one).

#7 tuxedo marx

tuxedo marx

Advanced Member

• Salty Members
  • 5624 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 09:42 PM

don't. it is really, really bad and retroactively ruins the previous 3 games (especially the second one).

second opinion: play it

#8 jamie

jamie

ruined former youth seeking atonement

• Salty Members
  • 8248 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 09:48 PM

i'm doing neither!!

#9 Warped655

Warped655

Scanner

• Salty Members
  • 3516 posts
  • LocationSouthern Indiana (unfortunately)

Posted 09 December 2012 - 10:33 PM

MGS4 story-wise is pretty silly but its got decent game-play. Its a lot less stealthy though than 1 and 2.

I couldn't stand MGS3's game-play, it was a game for a much more patient person than I.

sig.gif

#10 ThugTears666

ThugTears666

Advanced Member

• Salty Members
  • 9539 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 10:50 PM

MGS4 was beautiful when it came out though. There was nothing like it. That camouflage stuff was revolutionary
Posted Image

#11 Ragnar

Ragnar

Advanced Member

• Salty Members
  • 11725 posts
  • Location[color=red][size=25pt][B]??????[/B][/size][/color]

Posted 10 December 2012 - 12:12 AM

lol Revengeance

#12 Hundley

Hundley

professional disappointment

• Salty Members
  • 12437 posts
  • LocationThe Zone

Posted 10 December 2012 - 04:45 AM

really disappointed that this is just a MGS gimmick that they probably aren't going to do anything meaningful with. for a minute or two i was getting pretty excited to play a game as a crippled guy having an insanely bad day.
reality69.gif

#13 ATARI

ATARI

Lichens!

• Salty Members
  • 21288 posts
  • LocationLichens, lichens

Posted 10 December 2012 - 06:27 AM

MGS4 story-wise is pretty silly but its got decent game-play. Its a lot less stealthy though than 1 and 2.

I couldn't stand MGS3's game-play, it was a game for a much more patient person than I.

MGS3 was definitely the most fun in terms of game play because it was far more stealthy and that, even though it still sort of felt clunky (the stealth in MGS has always felt really clunky anyways).  Havne't played MGS4 because I don't own a PS3.

#14 Supra Mairo

Supra Mairo

Advanced Member

• Salty Members
  • 3682 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 09:37 AM

really disappointed that this is just a MGS gimmick that they probably aren't going to do anything meaningful with. for a minute or two i was getting pretty excited to play a game as a crippled guy having an insanely bad day.

i bet its a 10 minute tutorial level at best. Or just a obnoxiously long cutscene.

Also afaik big boss never had his arm chopped off in any other appearances he has made so i dont really understand what this shit it all about. Add in a pegleg and he could operate as a pirate ship captain.

#15 Hundley

Hundley

• Salty Members
  • 12437 posts
  • LocationThe Zone

Posted 10 December 2012 - 10:26 AM

i bet its a 10 minute tutorial level at best. Or just a obnoxiously long cutscene.

exactly. i'd be totally stunned if you're wrong.

a real shame too. something interesting could be gained from exploring this, but i'd wager money that this is here for shock value, nothing more.
reality69.gif

#16 bonzi_buddy

bonzi_buddy

Kaiser

• Salty Members
  • 2975 posts
  • Locationswimming, with my obv. blue towel on my neck

Posted 10 December 2012 - 10:54 AM

luckily that kitchen ninja-mgs game is coming out!! then we can all do what mgs is REALLY about (cutting and slicing human's in HD). feats: dante from devil may cry.

#17 ThugTears666

ThugTears666

Advanced Member

• Salty Members
  • 9539 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 05:00 PM

exactly. i'd be totally stunned if you're wrong.

a real shame too. something interesting could be gained from exploring this, but i'd wager money that this is here for shock value, nothing more.

be realistic though, there are millions of dollars tied up in this and it would be an incredibly huge risk pissing off fanboys with completely different gameplay. mainstream gaming is an industry, this isn't just a little indie game where they can do what they want. adjust your expectations accordingly, i say. we might not like it, but it's the kind of thing we should have accepted for over a decade now
Posted Image

#18 Warped655

Warped655

Scanner

• Salty Members
  • 3516 posts
  • LocationSouthern Indiana (unfortunately)

Posted 10 December 2012 - 05:41 PM

MGS3 was definitely the most fun in terms of game play because it was far more stealthy and that, even though it still sort of felt clunky (the stealth in MGS has always felt really clunky anyways).  Havne't played MGS4 because I don't own a PS3.

'out in the open' stealth has always bored me. crawl around for 10-20 minutes in camo, get spotted... retreat or start over, get crawling again.

sig.gif

#19 Hundley

Hundley

• Salty Members
  • 12437 posts
  • LocationThe Zone

Posted 10 December 2012 - 05:55 PM

be realistic though, there are millions of dollars tied up in this and it would be an incredibly huge risk pissing off fanboys with completely different gameplay. mainstream gaming is an industry, this isn't just a little indie game where they can do what they want. adjust your expectations accordingly, i say. we might not like it, but it's the kind of thing we should have accepted for over a decade now

wow no kidding? ??? ?? the industry is a total waste of time?!?! when was this memorandum issued i must have been having my colonoscopy that day?!?!

seriously though, i don't really think i'm phenomenally out of line by expressing disappointment in learning that this is nothing more than some cheap marketing tactic for another worthless metal gear solid game. i mean, this actually looks kinda cool, the sort of game i might ACTUALLY want to play. i'm not inventing some standard here, i am talking about a video that literally exists in reality. i don't feel particularly ashamed to be disappointed in learning that this neat-looking thing is just a front for another trite and unplayable game by one of the most vacuous cretins in the entire industry.

thanks for the EMBRACE THE STATUS QUO speech though. been a real long time since i've had to endure it. unfortunately i must request that you never speak to me again.
reality69.gif

#20 Barack Obama

Barack Obama

Advanced Member

• Salty Members
  • 4725 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 06:17 PM

i love metal gear solid, it's so campy and retarded and somehow manages to take itself seriously. this game looks kinda neat w/e it is, i like that kind of survival bullshit

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users