10 replies to this topic

#1 maroonracoon

maroonracoon

Advanced Member

• Salty Members
  • 114 posts
  • Locationwashington the state

Posted 13 April 2013 - 11:19 PM

alright..i want to host a webcomic called SPACE DISASTER X on tumblr, but the problem is that most tumblr themes host them from newest to oldest. there are certain ways to do this using tag, but its very complicated and inconvenient, and i would much rather have it done through code.

here is the theme i'll be working with, http://www.tumblr.com/theme/9601 and i'd like to know whether or not anyone could help me and put something together for this

#2 dada

dada

VILLAIN

• Administrators
  • 17464 posts
  • Locationsuperhell

Posted 13 April 2013 - 11:23 PM

I've actually developed an entire theme so I'm familiar with the tumblr theme code. if you want to I can help you with this.

I'm a little puzzled though, isn't newest first what you want? as in: when they visit your page, they see the latest panel, and those who want to go back in history can use the nav buttons. (might be nice to put in regular first/previous/next/latest buttons.) that's how most webcomics do it I believe.

#3 maroonracoon

maroonracoon

Advanced Member

• Salty Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 11:27 PM

I've actually developed an entire theme so I'm familiar with the tumblr theme code. if you want to I can help you with this.

I'm a little puzzled though, isn't newest first what you want? as in: when they visit your page, they see the latest panel, and those who want to go back in history can use the nav buttons. (might be nice to put in regular first/previous/next/latest buttons.) that's how most webcomics do it I believe.

hmm....well..you've got a good point there, i never thought of it that way

....HMMMMM... i was thinking, that new people would automatically see the oldest post first and then you'd start out, but i suppose you ARE right, a lot of webcomics do it the opposite way and if youre new you just redirect yourself to the start........

#4 maroonracoon

maroonracoon

Advanced Member

• Salty Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 11:30 PM

but i have some things to ask anyway...if you have a skype id like to ask you personally!! (my user is maroonracoon)

#5 dada

dada

VILLAIN

• Administrators
  • 17464 posts
  • Locationsuperhell

Posted 14 April 2013 - 12:24 AM

sure. I'd prefer something like gtalk tho but I can come online on skype tomorrow. I'll add you.

#6 ATARI

ATARI

Lichens!

• Salty Members
  • 21288 posts
  • LocationLichens, lichens

Posted 14 April 2013 - 05:41 PM

dada is def into girl talk

#7 dada

dada

VILLAIN

• Administrators
  • 17464 posts
  • Locationsuperhell

Posted 14 April 2013 - 08:18 PM

girl tumblr theme code talk

#8 Vellfire

Vellfire

TV people want to leave

• Salty Members
  • 14593 posts
  • LocationKentucky

Posted 15 April 2013 - 02:20 PM

7E4PUl0.jpg

I love this hobby - stealing your mother's diary
BRRING! BRRING!
Hello!  It's me, Vellfire!  FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER! ... Bye!  CLICK!  @gidgetnomates

#9 Unguided

Unguided

Advanced Member

• Salty Members
  • 259 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 06:56 PM

It's best to just use traditional webcomic hosting and repost updates or thumbnails of updates to tumblr. That's what most the webcomic authors I know tend to do.

#10 dada

dada

VILLAIN

• Administrators
  • 17464 posts
  • Locationsuperhell

Posted 15 April 2013 - 07:00 PM

what's traditional webcomic hosting, though? I don't know of any webcomic platform. maybe I should build one.....

#11 dada

dada

VILLAIN

• Administrators
  • 17464 posts
  • Locationsuperhell

Posted 16 April 2013 - 05:09 PM

oh yeah the best way to talk would be IRC maybe, saltw irc is #saltw @ irc.esper.net. you can use http://mibbit.com/ if you don't have an irc client.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users