You've stumbled upon this topic, so I'll assume you're here for the game jam although some brilliant artists and game development personalities post here too. Here's the meat of what you need to know:
- It's from Saturday 14th to Sunday 22nd September.
- You can work by yourself or with as many pals as you like.
- Submissions more substantial than gimmick-games are encouraged but not mandatory.
- We encourage you to post screenshots of your work in progress to this thread.
- Make as many original resources as you can whilst using an honorably minimal amount of pre-competition content.
- Sign up by posting to this thread:
- Who you are and where you hail from (if you're new!)
- How many of you are working on your game
- What engine you intend to use
And finally, submit your game to itch.io's specially constructed SW-JAM portal found here:
Big thanks to Leafo for sorting submissions out for us. itch.io is a great way of monetizing any games you have made, however; we make the requirement that your submissions are free for the duration of SW-JAM such that people can actually play them!
The winning submission will be decided by forum vote when people have had long enough to play enough games to vote fairly.
The winner or winning team will receive a 3D-printed Foget skull trophy and of course; the pride of winning!
Foget ( ) was long the mascot of Gaming World, a website which eventually disappeared into the Matrix, leaving behind the salty residue of a website you're currently perusing (Reason for site name: 404 file not found).
If you're new to SW and you're a creative type then you should stick around. The team who developed Barkley and are developing Barkley 2 rose from their humble RPG Maker beginnings here in years past and we are host to some other wonderful lurking oddities. We figured we would attempt a community revival through the art of game-jam so we hope you approve!
Theme Announcement Video
.... a list of racehorse names, courtesy of the brilliant denzquix.
Spread the Word!
We'd be grateful if you'd let your friends and followers in on the deal so feel free to direct them to our splash page or this thread in the run-up to the competition.