TV people want to leave

• Salty Members
  • 14593 posts
  • LocationKentucky

Posted 08 February 2015 - 12:51 AM

this a real good song

I love this hobby - stealing your mother's diary
BRRING! BRRING!
Hello!  It's me, Vellfire!  FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER! ... Bye!  CLICK!  @gidgetnomates

#64 Ice Baby1

Ice Baby1

Power to the parsley

• Salty Members
  • 651 posts
  • Locationpowerpoint

Posted 01 May 2015 - 05:08 AM

that's an extremely good song, vellfire, thanks for the post.

<< Guernica fucking KICK AS........ Jun Togawa, the leader and general insane genius, is responsible for something so fucking cool i'm going to give it a separate post

#65 Ice Baby1

Ice Baby1

Power to the parsley

• Salty Members
  • 651 posts
  • Locationpowerpoint

Posted 01 May 2015 - 05:12 AM

this video is just incredible, literally i'm incredulous. taken on its own with no context for who jun togawa is it's like something right out of another world. the pachelbel takeoff together..... with..... i don't really need to say anything actually.

#66 Ice Baby1

Ice Baby1

Power to the parsley

• Salty Members
  • 651 posts
  • Locationpowerpoint

Posted 01 May 2015 - 05:15 AM

#67 Zephram

Zephram

sharing is despairing

• Salty Members
  • 37 posts
  • LocationHell's Handbasket, Florida

Posted 01 May 2015 - 09:57 PM

#68 Guana

Guana

Advanced Member

• Salty Members
  • 2981 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 02 May 2015 - 07:26 AM

Goofy 80s music

#69 Zephram

Zephram

sharing is despairing

• Salty Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 02 May 2015 - 12:22 PM

#70 Vellfire

Vellfire

TV people want to leave

• Salty Members
  • 14593 posts
  • LocationKentucky

Posted 11 May 2015 - 07:41 AM

Jun Togawa is absurdly amazing ya

I love this hobby - stealing your mother's diary
BRRING! BRRING!
Hello!  It's me, Vellfire!  FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER! ... Bye!  CLICK!  @gidgetnomates

#71 Ragnar

Ragnar

Advanced Member

• Salty Members
  • 11751 posts
  • Location[color=red][size=25pt][B]??????[/B][/size][/color]

Posted 13 May 2015 - 05:13 PM

https://brokntoys.ba...ford-singularis

electro

#72 Zephram

Zephram

sharing is despairing

• Salty Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 16 June 2015 - 11:38 AM

#73 bamcquern

bamcquern

tinnitus officer

• Salty Members
  • 215 posts
  • LocationRichmond

Posted 14 March 2016 - 07:48 PM

Think you guys would like The Gnocchi's "Summer Hard" from Snaker 005. The whole album is good! This particular track gives me Yoshi & baby Mario vibes.

#74 Ice Baby1

Ice Baby1

Power to the parsley

• Salty Members
  • 651 posts
  • Locationpowerpoint

Posted 24 April 2016 - 02:09 AM

^^ I checked that out like a day after you posted that, it is truly awesome!!!

#75 Ragnar

Ragnar

Advanced Member

• Salty Members
  • 11751 posts
  • Location[color=red][size=25pt][B]??????[/B][/size][/color]

Posted 24 April 2016 - 05:05 PM

new brian eno. not sure if I like it but it sounds cooler than his recent stuff

#76 bamcquern

bamcquern

tinnitus officer

• Salty Members
  • 215 posts
  • LocationRichmond

Posted 25 April 2016 - 02:45 AM

btw that gnocchi album I posted about steals wholesale from the Rolling Thunder soundtrack without giving credit. Not that I am morally offended.

#77 sambr

sambr

Advanced Member

• Salty Members
  • 193 posts
  • Locationicebergs

Posted 01 May 2016 - 12:47 AM

the new Death Grips album leaked the other day, and it's pretty great. it reminds me of all the better parts of the rest of their discography and is generally good  :koolaid:  

other than that i've been diggin Homeshake's two albums. one focuses on drum machines/synths and the other focuses on acoustic folk/jazz/funk instrumentation. they're real good imo.

i also revisited Doolittle by the Pixies, which was one of my fav albums a few years ago. it still bangs.

#78 A1A1inE8

A1A1inE8

• Salty Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 01 May 2016 - 11:13 AM

G funk from year 199X. Took me a while to realize there is way more to it than just Warren G et al

#79 Ice Baby1

Ice Baby1

Power to the parsley

• Salty Members
  • 651 posts
  • Locationpowerpoint

Posted 03 May 2016 - 11:58 PM

#80 Ice Baby1

Ice Baby1

Power to the parsley

• Salty Members
  • 651 posts
  • Locationpowerpoint

Posted 02 June 2016 - 07:51 AM

edit: THANKS A TON FOR THAT G FUNK POST, this stuff all slays!!!!! wow!!!!! woooo!!

I've always held Passenger of Shit close to my heart, who's a really crazy character in the underground Australian hardcore electronic music scene. And he also *really* GETS amiga tracker sound because all of his stuff was done on amiga, now renoise, so it's all trackers (and i think hardware he samples). some of his early stuff you can even find on his website and open up and get the samples he made them with, which is a ton of crazy shit!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUmREpuJd3Y

Unlinked because it's bloody dicks and shit and stuff. and it's louds.

intro - what the fuck is up with this sample? what're they even saying? Skulls to sell... find the pieces.... inaudible. pos samples a ton of obscure horrorcore that is impossible to track down

2:18 - out of nowhere, the song soars into a chiptune-based lead. this video makes it kind of hard to hear over the extremely brutal rhythm. the slamming death metal vocals on the fill that leads into the bizarrely happy solo are very cool

Lots of people listen to his music "ironically" i guess or use it as a tool to harass people with, but he has a pretty huge sincere fanbase as well, probably larger than most other speedcore artists in the world. It's because he's more than just that and incorporates breakcore and chiptunes and Greek music and rap and other shit as well. The thing I think is interesting is how much he's wrung out of his style. One might assume it's a stupid one-off thing but he's been doing it his entire life and he's like mid thirties now, many many releases.

And throughout them you can hear the production changing and his style developing. After the first five or so primitive amiga-based speedcore albums each and every song is, like, insanely distinctive. Not all of them are good, many are lame, but the good ones absolutely fuckin kick! There are so many awesome little moments I could point to in his songs, since he's obviously a really creative and talented musician that just likes to saturate everything with maximum-objectionable edge factor, and he can pull it off better than most. Like every artist he creates his own little worlds with each release that play by or subvert an overarching set of rules. His early songs sometimes got up to excesses of seven, eight minutes and his composing is so good - or maybe I'm so stunted lol - that I can actually listen to the whole thing and not get bored.

While mindlessly typing this out I kept getting deja vu... probably posted about him before.... and forgot..... b-but....... I've posted and talked about this fuckhead a lot across the world, so... Please forgive me... N-no... Have mercy! *you grimly unsheath your sword and cleave me in twain in one instant motion... you grimly sheath your sword... "Poor fool. If only he hadn't shit posted." My halves flutter like paper to the ground... my top half frozen with one finger pointing up - "wait a second" - and a dumb scared look on my face... i splat and grass grows over my flat carcass and I sleep for 1 million years til Rapture.*

Edited by Small Green Cicada, 02 June 2016 - 07:55 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users