• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 cam?

cam?

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 October 2016 - 07:13 PM

hi i just want to run an ide a past you guys since u seem like the type of people who could vibe w/ me u understand u know what i mean

anyways ive been thinkin about this dumb little world i came up with in my head and ive been entertaining the thought of making some kind of game out of it

so basically it's about the god of television who's trapped in a local access tv show as his power gradually fades. internet is on the rise and less people care about good ol television so tv god man is beginning to realize he's fucked. kind of the dude is goin insane due to him bei ntrapepd the past few years. anyways as the internet is becomin less of a wild west and settlin down a 'god', or whatever', of internet is something that hasn't really been realized yet. tv god man wants to destroy the internet entirely and so on and honestly there's other bits to this narrative i don't care 2 mention right now and i have all these dumb ways of playing it out that i'll figure out later

anyways the show is a sitcom about all these guys in their high-rise apartments living their lives. cept the tv god is now insane from having being trapped within it and it's affecting the show. every thing is breaking down and becoming this surreal absurd mess. most of the game would be about going through this apartment (and at times leaving the apartment???) and having all these weird encounters that u mainly just observe but  mayb have minimal interaction/choices/something else?? that affects later events in weird ways. basically most of the game is focused on how little things can make people do weird shit. like an extreme ur a product of ur environment type deal. i'll strengthen the narrative based on that later but for now uhh

here's some of the scenarios ive been playin in my head

5WZPpwZ.png

that's a l i ttle taste of the shit i want to write into a AAA videogame sold to kids everywhere

most of these characters are just ones i come up with on random forums and post as if i were them

last night i was thinkin about a lonely bald man who writes freeverse poetry about the women he sees in public places the few times he goes out. (he really values u listening to his poetry and thinks ur a true friend)

anyways all of thsi shit is written mainly by stream of consciousness with my monitor off and to continue that i wrote this entire post this way ( ihad 2 cheat for the picture)

uhh if u have questions go ahead im not sure how coherent any of that was

#2 bonzi_buddy

bonzi_buddy

Kaiser

• Salty Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2916 posts
  • Locationswimming, with my obv. blue towel on my neck

Posted 07 October 2016 - 07:30 PM

am i alive? what a wonderful time 2 bi alaiv?

ok, so why not. sounds good to me?? it does really sound like sitcom in a good way, like riffing on the ridicilous closed-world premise of sitcom like friends, where everything is ultra-defined and OCD structured. i'm not even sure how much the struggle between tv and internet is... like focal point, like i'd be cool if it was like this premise game sorta tries to return but is coldly ignored by everyone within the game ahha. godard the movie creator looks happy.

u suspect u get more flesh n' bones around it and it gets better when u get down and dirty to creation process, to that whole flow - state. i mean if you look like norm mcdonald show, the whole premise of that show (it's a real show btw) is UTTER SHIT and it's incredibly hilarious.

idk don't mind me, don't take me too serious please... i'm just talkin autta my ass... i was reading this, while listening to some hella good music (jeff buckley) who'se just really into improvisation and creation process, and i was like "huh. on second thought, real good ideas don't come out of like... perfect plan, but from real raw and dirty creation process". anyways AHEM LIKEWISE, i don't know if MY post makes any sense EITHER!! "oh my god, we got so MUCH in COMMON..." ahhah i better go get some rest...

#3 cam?

cam?

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 October 2016 - 08:38 PM

ur a crazy man i like u    

anyways the god shit is an attempt at some kind of mythology for the world i'd like to come up with, piece it toge ther with random thoughts and stitch it up to where i thin k it makes sense. give s it soem sense of conflict as i want a character in the show to break the mold of some low side character wh o gets the idea to achieve the status of internet god (and  he 's doin all this shady shit in the background for it). basically tv god man in his insanity can only think of destroyign what's detracting his viewers whilst this other guy (or t hing??) is out to take it. like im playin w/ an idea where ur perspective is that of the tv god shambling around his sitcom apartments (and he has barely any control over the structure of this show anymore due to viewers waning), and the conflict of the tv god and this side character is known to the two but not to the player, only hinted at in brief moments

but yes i like that "real raw and dirty creation process" whioch ties into me writing most of this shit off the top of my head and then finding connections between everything

#4 cam?

cam?

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 October 2016 - 08:40 PM

and then there' s a whole bunch of shit i can do with it being a sitcom so that could be fun

#5 thecatamites

thecatamites

Advanced Member

• Salty Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1584 posts

Posted 07 October 2016 - 10:22 PM

i had a dream recently where a man in a grey suit with a horribly scarred face consisting of misshapen strips of old leather screamed nonsense gibberish as he lurched around a tiny facsimile house that was placed in the middle of an illuminated tv stage... as the dream went on it was revealed the man was a beloved local childrens entertainer with a local access show who was burnt in a house fire but who still continued his role in spite of everything, to widespread approval, and that the image i had was actually positive and inspiring rather than unsettling. i think the source of the dream was like eric andre crossed with the beloved dracula host from gremlins 2. anyway i think there is a lot of potential in "cross fertilising media" and i wish you godspeed.

#6 cam?

cam?

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 October 2016 - 10:32 PM

thank u for sharing your dream i enjoyed that

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users