• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Selfish Dream

Selfish Dream

• Salty Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 21 November 2016 - 05:39 PM

I rarely ever remember my dreams, and if I do it's mostly nightmares.

So how about you fill me in on your favourite or most hated dream experiences? 

My favourite dreams have to be the ones I can actively control (like flying and dreaming beautiful women or starring in an action scene).

My worst (recent) dream has to be the one where my mouth is full of hair.

I pluck most of them out but I end up peeling off my tongue to get the hard ones to reach out of my mouth.

Share your experiences friends!

#2 Ragnar

Ragnar

Advanced Member

• Salty Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10508 posts
  • Location[color=red][size=25pt][B]??????[/B][/size][/color]

Posted 21 November 2016 - 06:06 PM

all my dreams suck and if they don't it's in a really unusual way that doesn't make much sense (not like WINNING THE LOTTERY etc.)

#3 WeedWizard420

WeedWizard420

Advanced Member

• Salty Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts
  • LocationDendy dungeon

Posted 22 November 2016 - 01:52 AM

My dreams are usually big brownish messes of institutional buildings and I have to hustle through them to accomplish some unknown task. Every once in a while a naked girl shows up. I think it's the weed. My dreams generally get clearer and more visually memorable when I'm off of it for a few days.

When I was little I had this ten-second dream about my mom turning into a little cat-shaped ball toy I had, and I had to run the fuck away from my house, down the street, on my own because there was some heinous force manifesting in my yard. I was more fascinated than disturbed at the time, I didn't even really consider it a nightmare, but in hindsight that's probably the worst, most fucked up dream I ever had.

The actual nightmares that made me wake up freaking out were really, really stupid. One was about a guy torturing his toddler daughter with his friend, except the only thing they really did was kick her into a toilet in a desert junkyard filled with only toilets - an awful thing to do to a kid but not as hauntingly evil as the atmosphere indicated. One was like a news report, telling me that because of excessive TV consumption - DARK NEW FAD - kids were crawling into vending machines and writhing boneless through the machinery like worms + horrifying dream footage of this happening. It was awful and disgusting, and I was really, really upset and nauseous when I woke up. Soon I just felt proud that I had come up with that at all/

When I was a teenager I had a couple of really vivid, good ones about being stuck in Hell - In the first dream me and a handful of other sinners and Satan himself had to do this elaborate Victorian play in this opera-house vaudeville place with multiple levels of stages which were all decked out like boiler rooms; in the middle of the play we executed our plot to defeat Satan by breaking character/threatening him with a shotgun made of newspaper, in front of all levels of the presumably demonic audience; newspaper being the only material we were able to scrounge up in the shitty, highly-surveilled hell environment + while rehearsing, apparently unnoticed etc. Dream stopped before I found out whether this ridiculous ploy somehow met success. All signs indicated I/dreamself sinner was totally gonna shoot the Devil and the rest of Hell with a paper gun, and - hold up, was this precognitive Doom strategy?

In the second one, Hell was a little suite of white rooms with a couple of monochromatic, abstract black-blot paintings leaning up against some walls - the idea was again, torture through eternity in creepy, boring environment, stuck with like three or four other people. Satan was also there, hanging out, with total dominion over the dimension. I don't know if he intended to stick around for all eternity or if this was just what he did for the first day or so. This time we did something really cool that had to do with hucking a shot of alcohol (possibly celebratory/mocking champagne to worsen contrast of unsatisfying hell-life?) right into Satan's blue electric head, which disabled him for a few seconds, briefly breaking his hold over the world, so we were able to "combine" into this mechanical panther that could go up against his power and not be controlled. Near the end it kind of got incoherent but it was really astonishingly fun to quickly snap from very genuine gloomy-eternal-misery-feeling to yaaaaawwwwwrrrr kickasss bobots!!!! feeling.

#4 GoldFishBoy

GoldFishBoy

• Salty Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 22 November 2016 - 05:46 AM

Most of my dreams are just exploring sprawling impossible indoor structures, rooms that exit into themselves, overlapping hallways, endlessly repetitive architectures, etc. Most of these also happen to be (in the context of the dream) places that I used to spend a lot of time in, like old houses or schools. Buildings inexplicably becoming other buildings after passing some sort of threshold like a doorway or a flight of stairs or something.

One of my nightmares even had me getting lost in my old high school, which in the dream had become a sprawling multi leveled well-kept urban maze resembling a shopping mall more than anything else, except with classrooms instead of stores. It was a nightmare because I was late for class and I was a huge nerd at the time who cared a lot about things like having perfect attendance.

The first nightmare I ever remember having was discovering a goose in my laundry room. I approached the goose to pet it and it opened its beak, and another beak came out xenomorph style and bit my hand. This was the most terrifying thing I had ever experienced in my young life (I think I was maybe four or five years old at the time) and it left me scared of geese for years after.

I always have found dreams fascinating, and tried to practice lucid dreaming (being aware of and controlling the dream as you dream it) for one summer in high school. Strangely vivid memories of laying in bed sweating in my underwear because of the summer heat waiting and trying to pay attention to my body and mind as it falls asleep. I can recall with almost complete clarity the patterns of colors you can sometimes see when you close your eyes. I took to calling those patterns "invisible colors". Never called them that to any other person because I never spoke about my fascination with dreams so it never came up, but that was just how I referred to them internally. I've only had two lucid dreams that I can recall. The first was very, very short. I dreamt about my garage door. It was shut so I opened the door up. I turned around away from it, and when I looked back it was shut again. This unbelievable turn of fate triggered the realization in my head that I was indeed dreaming, I became elated, I felt a profound excitement and I took several steps and tripped, and hit my head on a nearby parked car and immediately woke up.

The only other lucid dream I can recall having was me being in a school bus. The bus was parked so I climbed out of the hatch in the ceiling on to the roof of the bus. The bus was in the middle of the ocean, perhaps floating or parked on top. I'm not sure but it was surrounded by water. In the distance rising from the horizon was an absolutely astoundingly huge structure, nearly blocking out the sky. It had many, many moving pieces to it, gears and pistons and vacuum tubes. it resembled one of those animated gifs of like a factory with conveyor belts that move colorful balls around and drop them into hoppers or whatever and there's all these different pieces all working to the same rhythm. It was petty much just one of those gifs but unimaginably huge and rising above the landscape like how a cereal mascot rises above the bowl of sugary cereal on the package. Anyways this was too unreal for me to believe in so I realized that I must be dreaming. I distinctly remember thinking the phrase "come on, brain, you've got to be kidding me". So I decided to walk on water, I jumped of the top of the bus and started walking across the ocean, each footstep I took rung out like a crystal bell  and a square tile shape around my foot would momentarily light up. I don't remember much else about the dream, eventually I ended up in a department store with my friends but that part is vague and I don't recall it at all other than the most vague ideas.

#5 WeedWizard420

WeedWizard420

Advanced Member

• Salty Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts
  • LocationDendy dungeon

Posted 30 November 2016 - 04:08 AM

That's ok. If you feel ready to share them sometime I'd love to hear.

e

dit: Now that the spam post is gone it looks like I'm saying something weird, but that's not the case! A spambot was wary of relating memories.

#6 Unguided

Unguided

Advanced Member

• Salty Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 30 November 2016 - 11:16 PM

Had a dream last night a big blubbery guy in his underwear who wanted to RP Shrek busted into my apartment after getting the wrong address from a Craigslist ad and I was trying to herd him back out without making too much physical contact.

#7 Frisky SKeleton

Frisky SKeleton

Advanced Member

• Salty Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4694 posts

Posted 08 December 2016 - 06:50 AM

My dick get big as the Eiffel Tower so I could fuck the world for seventy two hours

I USE Q'S INSTEQD OF Q'S

#8 Ax_Dude

Ax_Dude

Advanced Member

• Salty Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5778 posts

Posted 11 December 2016 - 11:49 PM

I don't get a lot of sleep most nights, at least not enough sleep to start dreaming.
Last lot of dreams I remember was waking up in mars or the moon, it's one or the other and I just wander around for a bit breathlessly.
Sometimes I follow the rovers on mars or if it's the moon I just sit and stare at the earth, one time I was drinking alcohol, another time trying to play a foo fighters song on guitar but no sound would come out (no air on the moon) another time I tried to get NASA to tell me how to hook into the wifi on their rover so I could get internet in my laptop, which required me holding signs infront of the rover's camera and waiting 30 minutes for a reply.

Best dream was a weird reoccurring on I had involving a planet made mostly of water.
And it was weird over the course of as few months I would be having a dream, one was me exploring a space station, from some old late 90s first person adventure game, then it would slowly enter the planets atmosphere, crash and I would be drowning underwater,
Then I would wake up.
Next night I would dream that I washed aboard this tropical island.
Would explore it for a night or two while dreaming, get comfortable on it then a storm floods the island and again I drown.
Next night I'm floating in an ocean of endless blue, getting tireder until I slip under the water and drown.
Next night a weird floating ship a little like jabba's sail barge from Star Wars fishes me up, we're having a party on deck and I stumble around slightly awkwardly until a tidal wave appears on the horizon and I'm telling everyone maybe we should worry about that wave, everyone's fine with it. It hits, I get swept overboard, I drown.

There were a bunch of other situations where I would just think it was a normal dream until I would get swept out to sea and drown.

And worst nightmare hands down was a reoccurring one where I beat and raped a friend. Made me physically ill when I would have it. Just stopped one day after about a month ofnit reoccurring, sometimes I would be doing it, other times watching unable to stop it.
Got drunk with the friend who was in the dream years later, we got onto the topic of dreams I mentioned it.
She said it was hot. That was her thing. Had some fun times together.

Mostly I don't have dreams or nightmares anymore, when I do I try and use them for I dunno story ideas, drawings, concepts for things.
Posted Image
Posted Image
[dohtml]<center></center>[/dohtml]

#9 Apocryphal Chips

Apocryphal Chips

I don't really like lots of stuff

• Salty Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6635 posts
  • Locationcrab nebula

Posted 26 March 2017 - 01:56 PM

just read this thread now. weedwizard has junji ito style dreams

Yesterday morning I had a number of brief, split-second dreams while lying awake in bed and and hoping to get more sleep before my alarm would sound. This never happened before, so I tried hard to remember everything that was going on, but I could only remember the third or fourth of the micro-dreams, the one right before I realized they kept happening. I know at least one happened right after that, but I can't remember it.

I wasn't present in the dream. "I" saw through a diagonally-upwards drifting view 10 or so feet above the water. It was a sunny, idyllic harbor with mild waves in its dark water, with the view facing back towards the golden afternoon docks and buildings of the shore off in the distance. But I don't mean to emphasize the setting too much, because the focal point was really in the foreground, center of the vision.

In the center of the drifting view there was floating in the water a small wooden boat, like I guess an old rowboat on a lake, and on the center of the boat there stood a small pitch apple tree (link, link), with 2-3 feet of clear trunk before its small, compact, ovoid canopy. Unlike normal pitch apples, its larger-than-life, fanning leaves alternated green and dark cranberry-red every other leaf. 

At this point in the split second, right after the vision appeared, there was a thought "that's impossible". as if in response, the trunk was gone and the leaves began folding inward towards the middle, like crumpling a ball of foil, with the ball of the canopy shrinking smaller and smaller until it disappeared midair. For the remaining quarter of the dream the view continued to float by the now empty boat.

idk maybe this sounds boring, but I never had split-second dreams like that before. I don't think I ever had completely disembodied/non-present dreams either, and it kind of reminds me of a few things I heard about DMT years ago.

#10 Ragnar

Ragnar

Advanced Member

• Salty Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10508 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 02:26 PM

i'm awful so i have like sound-oriented dreams about aphex soundcloud tracks that actually don't exist and one this morning where i was back at college which was some kind of jesuit thing but in my dream it had a full-on monastery or something (on campus lol) and no real reason other than the site had this big ass church/cathedral (that looks nothing like one from the outside of course) and really no reason for it other than some really dank acoustics in the dream. Embarrassingly enough I think they were holding an afx concert in the monastery thing and the track playing was either 1,2, or 3 (sister tracks to Aphex Twin - 4) with fake midi violins that somehow sounded alive in the dream environment. Come to think of it I might have dreamt about music because i fell asleep with one of my tracks playing lol

I intentionally made myself have a weird-ass eerie dream one time by falling asleep with this boards of canada track on

and like... i had this dream i was in some neighborhood but out the windows there were staring these bizarre/indeterminate faces, and i don't even know but at some point that subsided and the music did a full u-turn from eerie to really amazing and glorious and was almost something spiritual

but yeah i recommend listening to something with really lush acoustics as you fall asleep AT LEAST ONCE because it will be a hundredfold more lush in your dream (also i mean this literally not code for 'take drugs') 

#11 WeedWizard420

WeedWizard420

Advanced Member

• Salty Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts
  • LocationDendy dungeon

Posted 26 March 2017 - 10:42 PM

I'm jealous, I hardly ever recall or even get music or sound in my dreams. Once I had this crazy techno beat, all THWUNG DUCKA DUCKA DUNKA DUNK with these drums like in between FM mod genesis drums (like Kid Chameleon) and "hardcore techno", that I could morph, again, with careful application of partially subconscious thought but it pretty much vanished upon awakening.

One time I had a dream I had to take over guitar parts for some guy in a popular local band, got up on stage and I didn't know how to play guitar, also the "guitar" was more of a big black keyboard covered in blinkenlichts and huge chunky mechanical buttons. And not like a piano keyboard, either. It also had a damn stand. All the instruments in the band were like that, huge black fake-turn of the century design, proto-Zune looks, plastic. The drum kit was this huge fuck off Motley Crue sort of thing, but like if cybergrind bands were as popular as Motley Crue and had huge budgets. Anyway I remember whonking and plonking buttons to make like stupid synth stabs in a terrible rap from 2000, or random venetian snares sounds. BRZOMG DLB ZAP. I was too nervous to have fun with it but somehow the crowd seemed to like it.

When I was really little I had this dope dream where I stared at my clock as I fell asleep and the 8 on it turned into a boat sailing through a NES Final Fantasy tiled ocean, and I could control which cardinal direction it faced by really lightly thinking about it. I wasn't delicate enough and "woke" myself back up, if it wasn't just mistaken hypnogogia. It was weird as shit and I've never managed to do it again.

just read this thread now. weedwizard has junji ito style dreams

Haha no joke, there's this one Ito comic which is just people wandering through this stupid, claustrophobic ruined grass-and-wood endless town sort of ... pocket dimension I guess, not a super exciting or conclusive story, and in that aspect too it felt like someone had just (beautifully) illustrated my personal oneiroperambulation. Must be some obliquely shared psychic appreciation. It's interesting as hell to see dreams react to thoughts like That's impossible or Hey, I think I'm lucid! with their own life, like an animal responding. I had never heard of pitch apples before; they're really pretty - those rounded leaves really make 'em look cartoonish or unreal somehow. One of those weird species like most frogs where they seem to come from a separate, comic dimension.

They are also called Scotch attorney. guy in 1864: This tree is totally like a lawyer, in its tenacious epiphytism. Not just any lawyer. A Scot.

#12 dada

dada

VILLAIN

• Administrators
  • 17451 posts
  • Locationsuperhell

Posted 21 April 2017 - 10:36 AM

last night I dreamt that aliens were projecting messages to earth on the moon and also they were collecting people in a specific place for some unknown purpose, all without even showing themselves once

#13 Ragnar

Ragnar

Advanced Member

• Salty Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10508 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 12:49 PM

https://www.google.c...LgrzIsHaqTK0wM:

acquire frog

#14 WeedWizard420

WeedWizard420

Advanced Member

• Salty Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts
  • LocationDendy dungeon

Posted 22 April 2017 - 08:55 AM

*me looking at Google results* My god... Its full of frogs....

#15 WeedWizard420

WeedWizard420

Advanced Member

• Salty Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts
  • LocationDendy dungeon

Posted 22 April 2017 - 09:01 AM

One time when I was little I saw a white-faced alien moving its tongue, playing like a gif loop on a giant tv set protruding from a driveway in the middle of a suburb at night. They were here. It was fucking horrible and I woke up, my blood running cold! Just the other day I get some stupid-ass anxious dream about wading around miles of swamps and like holding onto mangroves and dodging swamp otter / slugs. But no frogs??? C'mon! Throw me a frog, baby.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users