You can download it by visiting its official website:
Watch here the videos:
info AT monsterworldrpg DOT com
GAME NAME: Monster World RPG
DEVELOPER: MAX TEAM & MOTA
TOOL USED: RpgMaker2003
RELEASE TYPE: full free game (ver. 1.0)
CUSTOM MENU: yes
SIZE: 148 MB (zipped)
About Monster World RPG
Monster World RPG is a fan game inspired by the Monster World (Wonder Boy in the US) series, made by SEGA and Westone for Arcade, Sega Master System and Genesis.
It's no a sequel, prequel or remake, but a brand new game in rpg style instead of platform.
The game you can download here is the COMPLETE VERSION, a complex rpg game developed with RpgMaker2003 with many different monsters.
Along with Max, the main hero, there's other five characters, which can be inserted or removed from the team as you wish.
Also there's many sidequests: all of them are kept in a special “book menu”, so you won't forget them.
The main hero also can be customized with different spells, magic weapons, and more.
The full version of the game is only the one you can download form its official website: the other version you can find around the net are old incomplete demos.
The place is Aqua Kingdom.
The hero of this story, Max, lives in the Valley of Peace near Purapril, the capital.
Since his friend Shion left for Purapril to do his knight duties, Max life got boring.
A morning while hunting in the woods he found a strange creature he never seen before.
Unsure about the creature's "taste" he decided to avoid making it his meal, but keep it as his pet.
Now that he has a "party member" he decide that's time for him to leave the valley for a more exciting life.
He decide to go to Purapril to meet again his friend Shion but while attemping to enter into the city two guards block his way forcing him to travel somewhere else.
Where will Max go now? Will Max be able to enter in town? And what is happening there?
Unbeknowst to him his "adventurous life" has already begun . . .
The hero of the game. He's a fighter, so he won't learn new skills by leveling up. Instead, he gets new skills by learning them from other people, by equipping certain equipment or getting special items.
Pepe is a strange animal that no one knows its species or place of origin. He can only say “pepe”, so Max gave him this name. His species is unknown so he's considered an “odd pet”. Pepe starts with some skills and learn more as his level increases. He can't use any equipment, but only attacking with his claws.
Priscilla is a small fairy from Alsedo, the fairy village. She lives with Eleanora, the fairy queen. Being a fairy she mainly knows healing and assist spells.
Shabo is a death god, wich is actually a species, not a deity. Shabo knows many spells, mainly attack spells but also some assist spells. If used wisely he can be a great ally.
Hotta is a dwarf from Lilypad, the dwarf village. He can't use spells but istead uses special skills. He's a very strong character and can greatly damage the enemies. His only weakness is that he's the slowest character.
Junior is a baby dragon from Begonia. He may be just a baby, but due to his dragon lineage his power is great. He's almost as strong as Hotta and is faster, but has lower resistances and less skills.
About MAX TEAM
MAX TEAM is a two men team composed by:
Massimo - author, storyboarder, chara designer, final tester, main advertiser;
Fernando - main programmer, tiles & faceset designer, music & sound, beta tester, final scripter.
MAX TEAM has also many friends who gave help listed in the credits of the game.
• One thing that I hate of rpgmaker games are the charasets: they are to small and so the characters looks too much unexpressive. So we used the characters slots at their limits and sometimes for bigger characters we used more than a slot.
• In rpg usually you got experience point or buy equipement in order to increase your party stats. This can be entertaining at the beginning, but later it becomes repetitive. For this reason, even if we kept the experience and equipment system, we decided to put in the game a way to customize your hero to give him different skills and map abilities in order to reach different zones (like castlevania or metroid).
• Another weak points of rpgmaker videogames is that being them "free games" there's no manual or other things. Plus they lacks menu that usually are present in professional games. MWRPG has an online guide.
• Last, a common rpg game engine will become rapidly repetitive and unappealing. Due to this MWRPG has many platform elements and minigames.
• In order to advance in the game is more important to find secrets and upgrade items more than levelling up: in this way you have not to waste an entire day in fighting monsters.
PEOPLE WHO LIKED OUR GAME (BETA):
FINAL WORS: READ PLEASE !!!
IT'S IMPORTANT !!!
Please feel free to comment the game on the forum as much as you want.
Your feedback is important for us.
In any case, to simplify our work for a future release of a version 1.1 of the game, you should send your comments to us to the following email address:
info AT monsterworldrpg DOT com
Thanks in advance and enjoy our game!!!