Monster World RPG ver. 1.1 is out now ! ! !
Posted 08 September 2017 - 03:06 PM
You can download it by visiting its official website:
Watch here the videos:
info AT monsterworldrpg DOT com
GAME NAME: Monster World RPG
DEVELOPER: MAX TEAM & MOTA
TOOL USED: RpgMaker2003
RELEASE TYPE: full free game (ver. 1.0)
CUSTOM MENU: yes
SIZE: 148 MB (zipped)
About Monster World RPG
Monster World RPG is a fan game inspired by the Monster World (Wonder Boy in the US) series, made by SEGA and Westone for Arcade, Sega Master System and Genesis.
It's no a sequel, prequel or remake, but a brand new game in rpg style instead of platform.
The game you can download here is the COMPLETE VERSION, a complex rpg game developed with RpgMaker2003 with many different monsters.
Along with Max, the main hero, there's other five characters, which can be inserted or removed from the team as you wish.
Also there's many sidequests: all of them are kept in a special “book menu”, so you won't forget them.
The main hero also can be customized with different spells, magic weapons, and more.
The full version of the game is only the one you can download form its official website: the other version you can find around the net are old incomplete demos.
The place is Aqua Kingdom.
The hero of this story, Max, lives in the Valley of Peace near Purapril, the capital.
Since his friend Shion left for Purapril to do his knight duties, Max life got boring.
A morning while hunting in the woods he found a strange creature he never seen before.
Unsure about the creature's "taste" he decided to avoid making it his meal, but keep it as his pet.
Now that he has a "party member" he decide that's time for him to leave the valley for a more exciting life.
He decide to go to Purapril to meet again his friend Shion but while attemping to enter into the city two guards block his way forcing him to travel somewhere else.
Where will Max go now? Will Max be able to enter in town? And what is happening there?
Unbeknowst to him his "adventurous life" has already begun . . .
The hero of the game. He's a fighter, so he won't learn new skills by leveling up. Instead, he gets new skills by learning them from other people, by equipping certain equipment or getting special items.
Pepe is a strange animal that no one knows its species or place of origin. He can only say “pepe”, so Max gave him this name. His species is unknown so he's considered an “odd pet”. Pepe starts with some skills and learn more as his level increases. He can't use any equipment, but only attacking with his claws.
Priscilla is a small fairy from Alsedo, the fairy village. She lives with Eleanora, the fairy queen. Being a fairy she mainly knows healing and assist spells.
Shabo is a death god, wich is actually a species, not a deity. Shabo knows many spells, mainly attack spells but also some assist spells. If used wisely he can be a great ally.
Hotta is a dwarf from Lilypad, the dwarf village. He can't use spells but istead uses special skills. He's a very strong character and can greatly damage the enemies. His only weakness is that he's the slowest character.
Junior is a baby dragon from Begonia. He may be just a baby, but due to his dragon lineage his power is great. He's almost as strong as Hotta and is faster, but has lower resistances and less skills.
About MAX TEAM
MAX TEAM is a two men team composed by:
Massimo - author, storyboarder, chara designer, final tester, main advertiser;
Fernando - main programmer, tiles & faceset designer, music & sound, beta tester, final scripter.
MAX TEAM has also many friends who gave help listed in the credits of the game.
• One thing that I hate of rpgmaker games are the charasets: they are to small and so the characters looks too much unexpressive. So we used the characters slots at their limits and sometimes for bigger characters we used more than a slot.
• In rpg usually you got experience point or buy equipement in order to increase your party stats. This can be entertaining at the beginning, but later it becomes repetitive. For this reason, even if we kept the experience and equipment system, we decided to put in the game a way to customize your hero to give him different skills and map abilities in order to reach different zones (like castlevania or metroid).
• Another weak points of rpgmaker videogames is that being them "free games" there's no manual or other things. Plus they lacks menu that usually are present in professional games. MWRPG has an online guide.
• Last, a common rpg game engine will become rapidly repetitive and unappealing. Due to this MWRPG has many platform elements and minigames.
• In order to advance in the game is more important to find secrets and upgrade items more than levelling up: in this way you have not to waste an entire day in fighting monsters.
PEOPLE WHO LIKED OUR GAME (BETA):
FINAL WORS: READ PLEASE !!!
IT'S IMPORTANT !!!
Please feel free to comment the game on the forum as much as you want.
Your feedback is important for us.
In any case, to simplify our work for a future release of a version 1.1 of the game, you should send your comments to us to the following email address:
info AT monsterworldrpg DOT com
Thanks in advance and enjoy our game!!!
Posted 10 September 2017 - 09:01 PM
This looks really cool! I love the colors and the sprites, but the field with all the cute little fruits is my favorite. The platforming sequences are really neat. I always liked Zelda 1-style platforming segments jury-rigged with a top-down camera, and more games should do it.
Posted 19 November 2017 - 04:34 PM
it’s Massimo here, author of Monster World RPG and member of the game developer duo known as “MAX TEAM”.
After a few months since the release of our well-received fan-videogame “Monster World RPG”, I’m here to give you some info.
Me and Fernando, the programmer of the game, are already working on the release, scheduled to happen within the next year, of the enanched version of our game, a “fixed” version created thanks to the beloved feedbacks many players send to us during the last months.
Usually it is me who "follow" directly our advertising activities on the social networks and so I take this chance to thanks our supporters again and also to give a special thanks to Fernando who, in thoose many years of developing the game, went through the “boring”part of development (a.k.a. “programming”) while I was doing the creative part by writing the story and debugging the game again and again (a.k.a. “play the game”).
If he did not decided to take over the project along with me sometihng like 10 years ago, today there won’t be any “Monster World RPG” for you to play.
As you probably know, I originally write the whole story (with minor differences from its final version) and had created the first demo of the game after I had ripped and customized many sprites from the original series of games from which our own took inspiration.
I believe setting the story, make the storyboard, debugging (again and again) and advertising the game it is an important work: but when you are into videogame creation, if there’s nobody which do the “programming thing”, there is nothing to release to the public!!!).
Fernando is also a skilled artist - he draw almost 99% of the original facesets in the game: remember to visit his deviantart page here:
More info about our game development history will come in a soon-to be interview by our n° 1 fan X-Buster, developer of another Monster World inspired game - link:
Thanks again for your support to everybody.
Posted 29 December 2017 - 04:59 PM
Posted 23 March 2018 - 08:40 PM
Posted 08 April 2018 - 03:47 PM
FIXING FONT PROBLEMS IN WINDOWS 10
The problem might very well be about CLEARTYPE, a technology meant to improve clarity of texts in LCD screens, but it seems to get in conflict with Rpgmaker games.
1-Go to Control Panel and click on Fonts,
2-Go to Adjust ClearType text,
3-Click on “Turn on ClearType” to deactivate it, then click Advance and choose a text format you want (keep in mind the one it was on before).
Your regular computer font might look a bit weird, but you can always go back to activating ClearType and choosing the old format.
Posted 22 April 2018 - 04:51 PM
Posted 22 September 2018 - 01:03 PM
Posted 27 September 2018 - 06:26 PM
MWRPG V 1.1. UPDATE JOURNAL # 12
Since many asked after the last journal entries, here’s a complete list of the new features of the soon to be released new version of the game.
Some word were hidden by * in order to avoid spoiler for people who already ahve to play the game (who had already played i twill easily guess which are the hidden words):
- some custom menus were clunky by not allowing the player to move easily from their respective last entry to the first one or to exit automatically from them unless returning the cursor to their top while now it's possible to move easily and directly between the first and the last and also to exit the menu screen by pressing a cancel key;
- there was a now-fixed big bug concerning in some cases the permanent condition of certain party members not gaining their respective new skills by leveling up;
- you can now switch between g****, g**** and s***** without needing to remove the currently equipped one first;
- healing places/spots now heals even the members out of the active party;
- S****'s trick (skill) "P*****" is now more balanced by costing less MP (Magic Points) than before to be performed;
- some new NPCs are now added in order to give the player hints or guidance into solving some quests involving the search of items/characters or how to pass through certain parts of the game;
- other new NPCs are also added in order to give the player some more details about the story as an extra-feature or simply for cameos purpouse;
- in certain mini-games the graphics were changed and/or the speed was decreased in order to make them easier on the eyes;
- the time limit to complete certain mini-games (the ones which has revealed to be too difficult) is now increased;
- mini-games that required the use of the SHIFT key now use ESC instead to avoid keyboard involuntary misuse issues;
- the countdown background music during the "J**-K**-P* Tournament" is now shortened for taking too much time before completing each match;
- some of the puzzles mechanisms were simplified or more hints are given to solve them;
- some map "traps" were simplified;
- some paths which were unecessary long (sometimes even with dead ends) were shortened;
- just before some "jump & run" sections inside dungeons, new save points were added;
- new reminders to save before attempting areas with chances of sudden "Game Over" were added;
- now there's even an Item Shop inside of the A*** C******m;
- breakable accessories (equipment) now tells how long they last in their description;
- some items which didn’t work like their description advertised now do;
- a gameplay feature called "GP T****s", differently than before, now allows to choose how much to deposit or take;
- when getting extra GP after battles from special equipped items, the game doesn’t stop anymore to display a special message;
- one of the last special weapons you can obtain is not so overpowered as it was before;
- several smaller bugs were fixed, especially in the second half of the game.
Other than this new features, the game will be available for download along with other resources file and a read me with a troubleshootin section which will help people who encounter minor problems in making the game works on their home computer.
Who will downoad the extra “deluxe version” will also get:
- Art Gallery;
- Pixel Art;
- WonderBoy - The Sword of Legend (complete game).
All for FREE!!! ;)
This is the last journal entry before the release, so there will be a little periodo of silence in order to proprely complete the “upgrade” and proprely upload and announce the game.
Until then, farewell!!!
Posted 07 December 2018 - 08:07 PM
Monster World RPG ver. 1.1 is out now ! ! !
Basic download: contains only the full-playable current (updated) version of the game and the resources needed for troubleshooting (163 MB RAR ARCHIVE).
Extra download: has the same contents of the basic download and contains also:
- art gallery;
- 4 MWRPG demos;
- original soundtrack (by Vincenzo Colella);
- packages (DVD Booklet, DVD Case Cover and DVD Label);
- pixel art;
- WonderBoy - The Sword of Legend (original and complete playable game by "The Cyberlynx".
(360 MB RAR ARCHIVE)
Posted 24 December 2018 - 11:20 PM
Posted 24 August 2021 - 01:20 PM
Posted 26 August 2021 - 03:03 PM
Yo, thanks for updating this. Also, if you want to recreate your other topic that was accidentally deleted that would be fine.
soryy if I didn't replied before, but that project sucked aup all my time.
It is ok for me for that post to be deleted. Recruiting a team is very difficult. THe people I come in contact with asked me to raise an excessive amount of funds which I'm not able to raise. SO if I want to continue into creating a new game I will have to think other ways. Thanks for you replies and fur your subscription to my social. Write me again on the email if you wnat to know something more.
Posted 07 March 2022 - 05:03 AM
Posted 03 April 2022 - 10:43 PM
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users