• Please log in to reply
132 replies to this topic

#1 thecatamites

thecatamites

Advanced Member

• Salty Members
  • 1584 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 03:21 AM

I didn't see any other topics on this, so...
Iron Man!
Posted Image
For those of you who don't know, Iron Man is a comic-book featuring a billionare alcoholic playboy who wears a robot suit and fights crime, and it's being made into a movie. And while the comic itself has traditionally been kinda substandard, I have a feeling that the movie will kick massive ass... The reason? It's starring Robert Downey Jr.
That's right. They're making a movie about Robert Downey Jr wearing a robot suit and fighting crime while quaffing martinis and fingering supermodels. And from the trailer, it looks pretty cool: . Yeah, not exactly highbrow or whatever, but it looks set to be pretty fun. Also: The role of Nick Fury will be played by Samuel L. Jackson. Which is completely awesome in many different ways.

EDIT: Miscellaneous info: It's directed by John Favreau, due out in April 30 2008, and is apparantly the first part of a trilogy of movies... While this movie deals with his orgin and fight against Obadiah Stane (Jeff Bridges), future movies will deal with the character's alcoholism, the introduction of War Machine, and the fight against the Mandarin.
Interestingly enough (or not, depending on how geeky you are), Downey Jr will apparantly also be playing this role in the upcoming Incredible Hulk movie AND the upcoming Avengers movie, due out after the Iron Man, Captain America, and Thor movies.

#2 Aten

Aten

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 4157 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 05:13 AM

IRON MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My most anticipated movie of the year. Oh and Hulk too.
Posted Image

#3 Jeff

Jeff

Advanced Member

• Salty Members
  • 9233 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 05:23 AM

So, when is this due out? Who is directing it? I realize I could look this up on wikipedia or whatever but if you are going to make a topic about a movie, try to be at least semi-detailed.

#4 Roman

Roman

Gameboy Advanced Member

• Salty Members
  • 4207 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia Moon Base

Posted 19 March 2008 - 05:34 AM

i'm pretty sure it's going to suck but ghostface is in it (for like two seconds probably) so hellllll yeah

#5 Mongoloid

Mongoloid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 4334 posts
  • LocationNerbraska

Posted 19 March 2008 - 05:43 AM

Surely you jest, Roman.

This movie will definitely be top 5 of 2008, top 10 at least, and it's only downfall will be that ghostface even has his name in the credits.
Posted Image

#6 Roman

Roman

Gameboy Advanced Member

• Salty Members
  • 4207 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia Moon Base

Posted 19 March 2008 - 05:49 AM

Surely you jest, Roman.

This movie will definitely be top 5 of 2008, top 10 at least, and it's only downfall will be that ghostface even has his name in the credits.

does not compute

#7 Mongoloid

Mongoloid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 4334 posts
  • LocationNerbraska

Posted 20 March 2008 - 05:22 AM

does not compute

THE DUDE IS IN THIS MOVIE.
Posted Image

#8 local_dunce

local_dunce

Advanced Member

• Salty Members
  • 344 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 11:50 AM

I was really pumped for this when I first heard about it, but over time it's starting to look worse then the original Hulk movie. Robert Downey Jr is one of my hero's so I'm gonna have to watch it but I know I'm gonna be disappointed.

now is the winter of our discontent

#9 Tau

Tau

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 1708 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 21 March 2008 - 06:59 AM

That Superbowl trailer was so cool, that last part in it alone makes this movie worth seeing haha.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#10 ThugTears666

ThugTears666

Advanced Member

• Salty Members
  • 9539 posts

Posted 21 March 2008 - 08:49 AM

I'm not really a big fan of superhero movies other than Batman but I will see it on dvd just to see if they give Ghostface an ok role in the movie.
Posted Image

#11 Wina

Wina

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 228 posts
  • LocationSomewhere between Heaven and Hell

Posted 22 March 2008 - 09:34 AM

I can't wait for this and then the Batman movie to follow? Damn, if people see me walking around the streets with either a cape or armor...they shouldn't wonder...but Ghostface in this? Oh yeah!
Posted Image
"I let my pants hang low...I'm from the hood and that's how shit go!"

#12 Rowain

Rowain

Advanced Member

• Salty Members
  • 10052 posts
  • LocationNB, Canada

Posted 22 March 2008 - 02:43 PM

Are you one of those people that made photoshop images of Samuel L Jackson saying some dumbshit line from Snakes on a Plane and repeatedly posted it randomly in terrible topics across the internet? Because I do not understand why you think the inclusion of Robert Downey Jr and/or Samuel L Jackson is significant or interesting.
WHY SO SERIOUS HAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAA

#13 Ultimaweapon9

Ultimaweapon9

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 489 posts

Posted 22 March 2008 - 06:53 PM

Ahh, this looks like a fun movie.

Robert Downey Jr. is a brilliant actor.  Definitely going to see this...

#14 thecatamites

thecatamites

Advanced Member

• Salty Members
  • 1584 posts

Posted 22 March 2008 - 08:49 PM

Are you one of those people that made photoshop images of Samuel L Jackson saying some dumbshit line from Snakes on a Plane and repeatedly posted it randomly in terrible topics across the internet? Because I do not understand why you think the inclusion of Robert Downey Jr and/or Samuel L Jackson is significant or interesting.

Nope, I'm not. I mentioned Robert Downey Jr because he's one of my favorite actors, and the fact that he's in the starring role is the main reason I'm interested in this movie. I mentioned Samuel L. Jackson because in the Ultimates comic book, the character Nick Fury mentions how he'd like to be played in a movie by "Mister Samuel L Jackson, of course". So his casting is kind of a shout-out to a great comic book. Also, for the record, Samuel L Jackson is an awesome actor, no matter how many retarded internet memes he spawns.

#15 pburn

pburn

Advanced Member

• Salty Members
  • 4936 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 22 March 2008 - 08:52 PM

Nope, I'm not. I mentioned Robert Downey Jr because he's one of my favorite actors, and the fact that he's in the starring role is the main reason I'm interested in this movie. I mentioned Samuel L. Jackson because in the Ultimates comic book, the character Nick Fury mentions how he'd like to be played in a movie by "Mister Samuel L Jackson, of course". So his casting is kind of a shout-out to a great comic book. Also, for the record, Samuel L Jackson is an awesome actor, no matter how many retarded internet memes he spawns.

Because Ultimate Nick Fury is BASED off Samuel L. Jackson anyway.
Posted Image

#16 Blitzen

Blitzen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 2818 posts
  • LocationOttawa, Ontario

Posted 22 March 2008 - 09:17 PM

Ahh, this looks like a fun movie.
Robert Downey Jr. is a brilliant actor.  Definitely going to see this...

Robert Downey Jr. is a mediocre actor at best. I have only ever seen him play ONE character (smartmouthed playboy/wannabe playboy). I am skeptical as to how good this movie will be, but from what I have seen of the trailer and production notes, my gut is telling me its going be a fairly forgettable film (like Fantastic Four was).
Posted ImagePosted Image outerspacepotatoman

#17 the_hoodie

the_hoodie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 1721 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 22 March 2008 - 10:22 PM

From the previews, this looks really good actually. I guess I will wait and see how it turns out though.

#18 Artis Leon Ivey Jr

Artis Leon Ivey Jr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 20067 posts

Posted 22 March 2008 - 10:24 PM

Surely you jest, Roman.

ghostface is better than anyone else in the movie and was the original Tony Stark/Ironman.

including him is actually a really nice touch.
brian chemicals

#19 xanque

xanque

Advanced Member

• Salty Members
  • 6116 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 22 March 2008 - 11:40 PM

Everything about this movie seems awesome with one exception: he can fly faster than jets.  I know it's a stupid thing to be upset about, and I try not to care too much about realism, but come on.  Where is the fuel source?  How is he aerodynamic?  Wouldn't the G-force fuck him up?

I just think it's stupid to make him seem realistic with his alcoholism and working in the Middle East, but then give him an ability that makes no sense at all.  He'd be just as cool without the ability to fly, too.
Posted Image

#20 Artis Leon Ivey Jr

Artis Leon Ivey Jr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 20067 posts

Posted 22 March 2008 - 11:49 PM

Everything about this movie seems awesome with one exception: he can fly faster than jets.  I know it's a stupid thing to be upset about, and I try not to care too much about realism, but come on.  Where is the fuel source?  How is he aerodynamic?  Wouldn't the G-force fuck him up?

it has multiple power sources, each not very large (as in size) because comic science is ahead of ours. he's not entirely aerodynamic but he doesn't really need to be considering the armor is made of vibranium or adamantium, the toughest metals on earth (which also solves the g-force issue) so he can zip along pretty fast without hitting a wall. the suit also has a forcefield which tends to negate most g-forces.

really in a movie where a guy chooses to build a giant metal robot to fight iraqi terrorists and your issue is with a few seconds of comic book flying.
brian chemicals

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users