• Please log in to reply
3699 replies to this topic

#3601 Dulcinea

Dulcinea

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 422 posts

Posted 08 November 2009 - 10:44 PM

Haven't been posting in this topic, since I'm not as familiar with him as you all were and I didn't feel it was right...but I read everything he posted here and really thought about it and what it must have been like... I'm so sorry to hear he's gone, and so sorry for his family and friends. Cheers Steel, we didn't always agree with each other, but you were always an intelligent, funny, and stand-up guy.

#3602 im_so_tired

im_so_tired

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 1042 posts

Posted 08 November 2009 - 11:03 PM

[hide=steel Feb. 16, 2007][/hide]

what a guy

crap, the end of that is really sad. he did leave a legacy on quite a few of us here.

#3603 Farren

Farren

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 6518 posts
  • LocationNorthwest Florida

Posted 09 November 2009 - 01:15 AM

Yeah knowing steel and his pension for hidden messages he prolly said something if he was at all capable. I know he wanted to pm every single person that donated for him at one point. it would be really cool if he'd left us something.
DEUCE: MEETING THE URINE UP CLOSE AND PERSONAL AND REALIZING IT'S JUST LIKE ME AND MY PREJUDICES  THIS WHOLE TIME WERE COMPLETELY FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF PTTTTHTHTHH GOD IT'S EVERYWHERE<br />DEUCE: FUCK THIS TASTES LIKE PISS<br />PANTS: WHERE IT SHOULD TASTE LIKE COTTON CANDY OR PICKLES<br />DEUCE: OR AT LEAST LIKE URINE NOT PISS

#3604 Sredni Vashtar

Sredni Vashtar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 2822 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 02:46 AM

hey sredni or jon do either of you guys know or have some way of finding out if maybe he wrote some kind of farewell message or something? I get the feeling that maybe some time after his stroke but before his condition worsened even more that he might have sensed that he wasn't going to make it and maybe wrote something that was intended to be posted either here or on his blog or something.
I guess there's really no way to find out unless you bug his sister to check his computer and this probably isn't the right time for that so idk. It just seems like something that he would have done and it would be a shame for it not to get posted if it does exist.

he's been delirious for the last month, so unfortunately, no

Yeah, I loved San Andreas, but it was just such a black game. :x Like. Eh, I dunno, it was all so frickin' black, and I enjoyed the atmosphere of Vice City more.

#3605 Shadow Kirby

Shadow Kirby

Advanced Member

• Salty Members
  • 4579 posts
  • LocationLavaltrie,Quebec,Canada

Posted 09 November 2009 - 03:19 AM

he's been delirious for the last month, so unfortunately, no

Man, that somehow makes the whole thing even worse.  :fogetsad:
Check out my blog: Press A to Jump

#3606 Allen Hunter

Allen Hunter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 600 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 03:21 AM

Atleast he won't have to suffer anymore. He's felt more than enough pain already.
Posted Image
\m/NWOBHM lives on\m/
Posted Image

Хорошая работа для для того чтобы потерять ваше время путем перенести этот никудышный блок текста в английском.

#3607 mkkmypet

mkkmypet

Fuzzball of Doom!!!11one

• Salty Members
  • 2457 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 09 November 2009 - 04:46 AM

i just went back and i was reading some old posts from this topic, including the very first one. i was very affected by what he said at the beginning of all of this:

I just wanted you all to know, if this turns out bad (about a 50% chance it could from what I gathered), you dorks and nerds and faggots are among the best people I've ever met, and if you ever fucking doubt that I want you to remember that I said that, because no one else will be as honest.

man, i have had a hard time dealing with all of this, but reading that really helped.
semper games.

#3608 Carrion Crow

Carrion Crow

Advanced Member

• Salty Members
  • 5038 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 05:10 AM

Don't go back to page one of this thread. I clicked back and it's like reading a story when you already know it has a sad ending.

#3609 mkkmypet

mkkmypet

Fuzzball of Doom!!!11one

• Salty Members
  • 2457 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 09 November 2009 - 05:19 AM

Don't go back to page one of this thread. I clicked back and it's like reading a story when you already know it has a sad ending.

yeah, that's the bad part about re-reading this stuff... but it's the closest thing to a "dying message".
semper games.

#3610 the bloddy ghost

the bloddy ghost

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 5525 posts
  • Locationgay

Posted 09 November 2009 - 06:03 AM

i am deeply saddened by all of this. When I read the topic the other day I teared up quite a bit. man, I really felt like he had so much to give to the world. I've been fairly quiet the last couple of years, but I always enjoyed reading what steel had to say. I was introduced to one of my favorite authors by him in a topic in literature. It really hurts to think I'll never get to hear his thoughts again. I just don't think I'll ever meet anyone as passionate about life as he was. He will be greatly missed.
has a girl in his bed. pot in his pipe and family guy on the tube. i like life

#3611 bick

bick

Advanced Member

• Salty Members
  • 2894 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 07:17 AM

I keep checking this topic multiple times a day, expecting more. I don't know what, but steel was larger than life and him just slipping away one day just isn't fair. Steel was always this passionate, intelligent, super-hero of GW and I would read his posts and just marvel. I was always intimidated  by this, so I never really talked to him or had any personal connection. If Steel was asked to name all the GW members he could think of, I probably wouldn't make the list, and that fact is legitimately a major regret of mine.

Check out my games Plat., PolarityPaper Fighter, and [url=http://www.yoyogames.com/games/show/37465]Ball the Armad

#3612 Arias

Arias

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 283 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 07:38 AM

I hardly knew him, but he was one of the people that I enjoyed reading everything that he wrote for the most part.

Even without knowing him properly i am still really fucking sad about this all. I feel like I could cry, christ.

Posted Image

#3613 jonN

jonN

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 03:35 PM

I just thought you'd all like to know that Steve read aloud a small collection of your posts in this thread at the funeral. I'm sure Amark appreciated it.

#3614 Vellfire

Vellfire

TV people want to leave

• Salty Members
  • 14593 posts
  • LocationKentucky

Posted 10 November 2009 - 03:37 PM

I just thought you'd all like to know that Steve read aloud a small collection of your posts in this thread at the funeral. I'm sure Amark appreciated it.

this is the saddest/sweetest thing ever dude  :fogetcry:

I love this hobby - stealing your mother's diary
BRRING! BRRING!
Hello!  It's me, Vellfire!  FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER! ... Bye!  CLICK!  @gidgetnomates

#3615 Shadow Kirby

Shadow Kirby

Advanced Member

• Salty Members
  • 4579 posts
  • LocationLavaltrie,Quebec,Canada

Posted 10 November 2009 - 03:41 PM

Thanks for telling us man. Makes us feel like we were part of the healing process for the people that knew him irl. It shows that this man had a great impact on some peoples life, even if just through the internet.
Check out my blog: Press A to Jump

#3616 Massy2k6

Massy2k6

Advanced Member

• Salty Members
  • 1255 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 10 November 2009 - 03:43 PM

Thanks for sharing, I hope those few posts which were mentioned helped in some little way.

76561198001038774.png

#3617 Farren

Farren

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 6518 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 05:42 PM

If you guys ever get the time it would be really cool if you could come on and tell us a few things about steel and what he was going through, if its not too tough on you that is. Might help bring some closure for some people.
DEUCE: MEETING THE URINE UP CLOSE AND PERSONAL AND REALIZING IT'S JUST LIKE ME AND MY PREJUDICES  THIS WHOLE TIME WERE COMPLETELY FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF PTTTTHTHTHH GOD IT'S EVERYWHERE<br />DEUCE: FUCK THIS TASTES LIKE PISS<br />PANTS: WHERE IT SHOULD TASTE LIKE COTTON CANDY OR PICKLES<br />DEUCE: OR AT LEAST LIKE URINE NOT PISS

#3618 ThugTears666

ThugTears666

Advanced Member

• Salty Members
  • 9539 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 07:55 PM

Man that is very cool.
Posted Image

#3619 Cardinal Ximenez

Cardinal Ximenez

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 1975 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 10 November 2009 - 10:29 PM

I don't come to this forum very often nowadays, but I always kept this place bookmarked and made sure to check every few days on how Steel was doing.

I think he and his intelligent posts is part of what kept me here so long in the first place, long after I had abandoned Windows, much less RPG Maker.

#3620 Farren

Farren

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 6518 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 02:27 AM

Didn't he say something a couple of times about writing an autobiography or something like that? I know its got to be somewhere in this topic because I remembered earlier on he said he was writing to help him deal with it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users