3699 replies to this topic

#3641 bonzi_buddy

bonzi_buddy

Kaiser

• Salty Members
  • 2965 posts
  • Locationswimming, with my obv. blue towel on my neck

Posted 24 November 2009 - 02:57 PM

oh my god. i'll comment in the same post. thanks for posting this Steve, he talked about you a lot :(

#3642 bonzi_buddy

bonzi_buddy

Kaiser

• Salty Members
  • 2965 posts
  • Locationswimming, with my obv. blue towel on my neck

Posted 24 November 2009 - 03:18 PM

i'm sorry i. fuck

steve thank you. thank you. you can't see me but i uh broke down? hah, how you americans say it. cried you know.
what a parting letter! thank you steel. i try to live my life as you would have wanted. thanks for these years. it meant a lot to me.

whoa also steve i don't know if steel ever mentioned but I, Chef, Psyburn and Soap had a meeting in NYC at the beginning of June. i had never met him before that and i live in Finland so uh i'm glad i got to meet him.

#3643 Death Gulp

Death Gulp

Advanced Member

• Salty Members
  • 529 posts
  • Locationnewfoundland (canada so you know)

Posted 24 November 2009 - 03:36 PM

steve thanks for much, seriously

LOLWTU? You teh luight sbarMAN N9WOAIWIA !I AM ONE TOTO IM A MAST OMFG LINK BREAK ONSKAE AND BUGS ANG GUTS AND ASTLOOS SOTNES STEOPSDMS PLEASD SAMAKE ME ADMIN

#3644 Barack Obama

Barack Obama

Advanced Member

• Salty Members
  • 4725 posts

Posted 24 November 2009 - 03:41 PM

goddamn i love that guy

thanks for that steve.

Posted Image

#3645 Jester

Jester

Advanced Member

• Salty Members
  • 12446 posts

Posted 24 November 2009 - 03:41 PM

Jesus.

I was managing to keep it together until the end, but but yeah the last line broke me.

Like everyone else I've done great and also horrible things, but I'm trying to get better in general.

For a while I think I will try extra hard.

Thank you, Steel. We miss you.

Also thank you, Steve.

#3646 jamie

jamie

ruined former youth seeking atonement

• Salty Members
  • 8247 posts

Posted 24 November 2009 - 05:43 PM

this letter is beautiftul and excellent. i really get alot from it. it's both a revelation and a reminder.

#3647 CodeBLACK

CodeBLACK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 132 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 24 November 2009 - 05:50 PM

That was one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen written.

#3648 Shepperd

Shepperd

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 10087 posts

Posted 24 November 2009 - 06:01 PM

beautiful.

I'm going to keep this letter and read it every now and then.

Amark can be at ease knowing he made an impact in life

Posted Image

#3649 Massy2k6

Massy2k6

Advanced Member

• Salty Members
  • 1255 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 24 November 2009 - 06:41 PM

I'm glad you found this and shared it with us, thankyou.

76561198001038774.png

#3650 `~congresman Ron paul~~

`~congresman Ron paul~~

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 3540 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh

Posted 24 November 2009 - 07:51 PM

god.

what a beautiful person he was.
Posted Image
That’s right, you have the young gaming with the old(er), white people gaming with black people, men and women, Asian countries gaming with the EU, North Americans gaming with South Americans. Much like world sporting events like the Wolrd Cup, or the Olympics will bring together different nations in friendly competition, (note the recent Asian Cup; Iraq vs. Saudi Arabia, no violence there) we come together. The differences being, we are not divided by our nationalities and we do it 24-7, and on a personal level.

We are a community without borders and without colours, the spirit and diversity of the gaming community is one that should be looked up to, a spirit and diversity other groups should strive toward.

#3651 `~congresman Ron paul~~

`~congresman Ron paul~~

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 3540 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh

Posted 24 November 2009 - 07:55 PM

is it wrong to think that to some extent, people like steel exist to teach the rest of us lessons about ourselves and our lives and humanity? people like steel are here as an inspiration to others more than they are here on this earth for themselves? i am so very sad steel has gone. i feel like he had so much more to teach the world. people often lament the dead by commenting on how far that person might have gone, but i have very little doubt in my mind that he would have gone much farther in life than the rest of us.

i feel like we are all white noise without people like him. i'm glad that his last message was to try and inspire others to be a little more great.
Posted Image
That’s right, you have the young gaming with the old(er), white people gaming with black people, men and women, Asian countries gaming with the EU, North Americans gaming with South Americans. Much like world sporting events like the Wolrd Cup, or the Olympics will bring together different nations in friendly competition, (note the recent Asian Cup; Iraq vs. Saudi Arabia, no violence there) we come together. The differences being, we are not divided by our nationalities and we do it 24-7, and on a personal level.

We are a community without borders and without colours, the spirit and diversity of the gaming community is one that should be looked up to, a spirit and diversity other groups should strive toward.

#3652 Brad

Brad

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 2773 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 24 November 2009 - 08:01 PM

Beautiful. Everything about that was just beautiful.. I take all that was said and will try to live by it. Everything there is pretty much 100% true, I wish I'd known the guy in person, he seems like the type that could always cheer you up, the person you could go for advice knowing he'd be 100% sincere.

R.I.P man. You had such a great life to look forward to.
Posted Image
R.I.P Steel

#3653 ThugTears666

ThugTears666

Advanced Member

• Salty Members
  • 9539 posts

Posted 24 November 2009 - 08:52 PM

One of the most thoughtful people I know.
Posted Image

#3654 ase

ase

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 7691 posts

Posted 24 November 2009 - 08:59 PM

thank you steve. that was really inspirational.

#3655 Summoner

Summoner

Advanced Member

• Salty Members
  • 4943 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 24 November 2009 - 09:27 PM

:)
IF IT WEREN'T FOR YOU I WOULD SPEND SATURDAY NIGHT ON AUTOFELLATE

#3656 Allen Hunter

Allen Hunter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 600 posts

Posted 24 November 2009 - 09:50 PM

He really poured his own heart out to type that message out... I could never write something as beautiful as that.
Posted Image
\m/NWOBHM lives on\m/
Posted Image

Хорошая работа для для того чтобы потерять ваше время путем перенести этот никудышный блок текста в английском.

#3657 mkkmypet

mkkmypet

Fuzzball of Doom!!!11one

• Salty Members
  • 2457 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 24 November 2009 - 09:51 PM

Wow... Man, that was beautiful ;_; I will live by those words. Steel was amazing and I'm so glad that we got to read that. Thank you Steve! I want everyone in the world to read and live by Steel's message... God, I didn't ever meet him but I can definitely say I love that guy. I have never been so inspired yet upset. Steel, please rest in peace knowing that your influence has been so great on so many people.
semper games.

#3658 Andiaz

Andiaz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 905 posts

Posted 24 November 2009 - 10:52 PM

Wow, what a beautiful message... I've felt a lack of motivation during the last week or so, but this letter has certainly helped me back on track. Thank you so much for posting that, it feels good to know that steel is still making an impact on people's lives. I'll save the letter myself, and definitely do my best to live by these words.
Posted Image

#3659 Bled

Bled

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 3454 posts

Posted 24 November 2009 - 11:03 PM

Christ. 

I've been gone for a bit and just found out about all of this.

Words have very rarely moved and inspired me in the way his letter just did.  I really don't know what else to say. 
For every moment of triumph, for every instance of beauty, many souls must be trampled.
Hunter S. Thompson

#3660 something bizarre and impractical

something bizarre and impractical

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 3873 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 24 November 2009 - 11:06 PM

I've always felt a bit sad at his passing, because we've all been here together for several years now, but it wasn't until I read that that I'm really having to hold back tears. That was beautiful, Steel Paladine.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users