7 replies to this topic

#1 Eltee

Eltee

junker

• Salty Members
  • 1805 posts
  • Locationmontreal

Posted 20 June 2008 - 01:02 AM

Earthbound Funktastic Gameplay is a certain "challenge" or "game" made up by the guys over at starmen.net. Basically, you play Earthbound part by part every day, and they give you challenges to try and fulfill. That way, you play the game at the same rate as the other people and you do different challenges. It's just a fun activity, and a reason to replay Earthbound.

[hide=Official description]The EBFGP will be updated once a day, everyday, except on Thursdays. Thursday is the designated "catch up" day. If you fall behind, you can hurry ahead and catch up with us on these days.

The event is divided into 25 "game play points," or GPPs. Each GPP has an starting and ending point, and when you get to the ending point, you save the game and wait until the following GPP.

Each GPP includes challenges, trivia questions, and more, but what's most fun of all is talking about the game with other participants in the EBFGP forum! However, it's important to note that the EBFGP is NOT A CONTEST. The goal is to get people playing and thinking about EarthBound in new, unique ways. :)[/hide]

I found out about this today, and it just barely started. So I'm going to catch up and have fun with these guys.

#2 Marcus

Marcus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 16347 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 01:58 AM

I don't think a single videogame has generated such a large and friendly community.  Almost a rule videogame communities are full of 12 year olds and whiney man children but not this game.

And Nintendo continues to ignore its existence...
Posted Image

#3 Ragnar

Ragnar

Advanced Member

• Salty Members
  • 11706 posts
  • Location[color=red][size=25pt][B]??????[/B][/size][/color]

Posted 20 June 2008 - 02:15 AM

I don't think a single videogame has generated such a large and friendly community.  Almost a rule videogame communities are full of 12 year olds and whiney man children but not this game.

And Nintendo continues to ignore its existence...

"Is a force this powerful to be overlooked by a society that needs all the friends it can get?"

sure Zappa said it and he wasn't talking about Earthbound but I still think it applies

Also I used to do this every summer for like... 3 summers

I don't think I did any CHALLENGES though except maybe try to get through the game without saving Paula. Isn't it possible to not get JEFF or someone like that

Edit: Well you see to get to Threed you need Wad of Cash which you get from Everdred for saving Paula but it's supposed to be $10000 or something so I thought maybe you could get $10000 from bad guys and just advance that way

#4 Neophyte

Neophyte

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 5757 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 02:27 AM

I don't think I did any CHALLENGES though except maybe try to get through the game without saving Paula. Isn't it possible to not get JEFF or someone like that

I dunno how that would work since you need her for
Spoiler
if I remember correctly.
It's too bad I already started on Earthbound again. I'll probably just wait until they're at the same place I am in the game and just try out some challenges.

#5 Eltee

Eltee

junker

• Salty Members
  • 1805 posts
  • Locationmontreal

Posted 20 June 2008 - 02:29 AM

I'm currently catching up, but I'm thinking of making a blog or whatever to keep track of my antics.

Heh. Heh.

Earthbound antics..

#6 Kiran

Kiran

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 137 posts
  • LocationObscure Paradise

Posted 20 June 2008 - 02:37 AM

Heh, I'm getting in on this. Need to catch up though.

Posted Image

"Happiness will always be a longer road, with a destination out of sight, when I continue to deny myself salvation."

#7 Ragnar

Ragnar

Advanced Member

• Salty Members
  • 11706 posts
  • Location[color=red][size=25pt][B]??????[/B][/size][/color]

Posted 20 June 2008 - 02:44 AM

I dunno how that would work since you need her for

Spoiler
if I remember correctly.

Well yeah I wanted to make the game glitch up or something

not to mention she gets kidnapped at the shopping mall in Fourside so that would probably confuse the game

#8 Eltee

Eltee

junker

• Salty Members
  • 1805 posts
  • Locationmontreal

Posted 20 June 2008 - 04:46 AM

Through checking the site a bit too much, I got pretty caught up in this and decided to keep a blog of how I progressed.

Blog

Flickr photo album

So yeah, this'll be hot. I still have to catch up to the second gameplay point.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users