Greetings from the OHRRPGCE community.

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Only One In All

Only One In All

• Members
  • 0 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 07:04 AM

Hello everyone! I come here from the OHRRPGCE community, an engine I'm sure some of you have heard of. I wouldn't have known about this forum if it wasn't for one of the members posting OHR House 3 on here, and me hearing about all the crazy stuff that happened as a result.

In any case, I come here because I hope that I can get more feedback on my games than in the OHR community, where I usually don't get any comments or my game just gets straight out ignored. This appears to be a much larger community, so I'm prepared to get a lot more feedback, whether it is constructive, straight out insults, or a "I'll play this" or "What engine was it made in?" kinds. Hopefully more of those that show people played and liked the game! :)

I'm not quite yet ready to post any games just yet, but I thought I should at least introduce myself before posting anything. At the moment, there are two projects, both made with the OHRRPGCE, that I would like to release here:

Bloodlust - A horror survival game, inspired by Silent Hill 2, Clock Tower: The First Fear, and Purgatory (an indie game).

The basic story is a teenager named Reed wakes up one night to find his house in a horrific state. Blood is everywhere, his parents are missing, his sister is gruesomely killed, and there are horrific monsters about. His goal is to find out what is causing all this, and why, as well as finding his loved ones. The game takes place in a modern world setting, and has five main 'dungeons'.

This game, from what feedback it has gotten, appears to be liked decently. I've also noticed jars is a member here, and he can probably vouch for this game if he's still around. :P The game however, is so close to completion, that I would like to wait on releasing to this community, as the current version released is rather outdated.

Here are some screenshots in the meantime though, so you can know what to expect:

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

If the graphics appear too dark to see on your monitor, it means your gamma setting is probably too low. Not to worry, the game itself has the option to let you brighten it up if that's a problem. :)

My second project I'd like to release is called Kitty House. Those of you who have seen OHR House 3 which, was released on these forums, let it be known it is a reality show/interactive movie, much like that one. There are some major differences however. For one, the game is NOT meant for the OHRRPGCE community, but rather for a general audience, so you won't find any weird references or inside jokes that will make no sense to you. Another is that the graphics are a lot more appealing (I saw the reactions to OHR House's graphics, and I'm sure this shouldn't be an issue with Kitty House). Hopefully, people will enjoy the different stories and cast of characters. I will release the show very soon here, once I get a few things tweaked. Here are again, some screenshots in the meantime:

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

This would probably be a great time to throw in a warning. Bloodlust has strong language, strong blood and gore, and some sexual content.  Kitty House has some strong and derogatory language (limited to one character (the one in the second screenshot), who is now out of the show), mild blood, and some sexual content. I hope the sexual content doesn't sound off putting by the way, you won't see images of half naked girls or penis jokes or anything. Sexual content is about the best way I can put it.

Anyway, I'm sorry for such a long introduction, and I hope that posting all this information here is not inappropriate. I hope to become a little more active on these forums, and try out some nifty games (I saw a Descent 2 mod that looks amazing). I also want to eventually work with Game Maker and Adventure Game Studio, so I'm not going to be limited to the OHRRPGCE.

Well, thank you for reading, and hope to be a active member of your community!

P.S. - This emoticon is scary:  :fogetbackflip:

#2 TFT

TFT

Advanced Member

• Salty Members
  • 5541 posts
  • LocationCalifornia USA~ Hells bucket my friend.

Posted 17 October 2008 - 08:17 AM

welcome to the forums. your games look really crazy dude. cool stuff.

#3 Only One In All

Only One In All

• Members
  • 0 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 09:28 PM

Thank you! :)

#4 Dale Gobbler

Dale Gobbler

Advanced Member

• Salty Members
  • 2484 posts
  • LocationNorthwest Georgia

Posted 17 October 2008 - 11:48 PM

Posted Image

Skill levels are always a cool feature.

#5 the_nackster

the_nackster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 692 posts

Posted 18 October 2008 - 01:58 PM

YOur game looks like something I would make when im really REALLY high.
$280 USD Donated GamingW

F*CKING Awsome Games that I support!

Posted Image

Posted Image

#6 Bill Murray

Bill Murray

Advanced Member

• Salty Members
  • 6756 posts
  • LocationWales, in the land of the Brits

Posted 19 October 2008 - 12:14 AM

Welcome to the forums.

#7 the_nackster

the_nackster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 692 posts

Posted 19 October 2008 - 06:38 AM

*GASP* who edited my post? Whats wrong with saying his engine is horrible?
$280 USD Donated GamingW

F*CKING Awsome Games that I support!

Posted Image

Posted Image

#8 Only One In All

Only One In All

• Members
  • 0 posts

Posted 19 October 2008 - 08:44 AM

*gasp*! The engine I use is NOT horrible! It just has a lot of shitty games for it. :(

#9 Death Gulp

Death Gulp

Advanced Member

• Salty Members
  • 529 posts
  • Locationnewfoundland (canada so you know)

Posted 19 October 2008 - 11:20 AM

yo dude welcome, good luck with your game

LOLWTU? You teh luight sbarMAN N9WOAIWIA !I AM ONE TOTO IM A MAST OMFG LINK BREAK ONSKAE AND BUGS ANG GUTS AND ASTLOOS SOTNES STEOPSDMS PLEASD SAMAKE ME ADMIN

#10 _|^656

_|^656

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 85 posts
  • LocationNo location available

Posted 20 October 2008 - 03:43 AM

Hey, sorry for my comment for OHRH3. Still, I wonder why some people use OHRRPGCE when there is RM available (no offense)
No signatures available

#11 Only One In All

Only One In All

• Members
  • 0 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 05:45 AM

Hey, sorry for my comment for OHRH3. Still, I wonder why some people use OHRRPGCE when there is RM available (no offense)

I don't recall what your comment was, but OHRH3 is not my game.

Maybe you should try out the OHRRPGCE's current version and see why! I assume RM is RPG Maker?

#12 The Magi

The Magi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 3609 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco, California

Posted 20 October 2008 - 08:31 AM

too much text, didnt read it

#13 The Magi

The Magi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 3609 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco, California

Posted 20 October 2008 - 08:31 AM

welcome to the forums  :)

#14 Evangel

Evangel

Advanced Member

• Salty Members
  • 3333 posts
  • LocationTiny jungle

Posted 20 October 2008 - 10:14 PM

wow, i had totally forgotten OHRRPGCE, much less considered it still existed.  I messed around with this before I had ever gotten into RPG Maker, years and years ago.  Nice to see people are making some half decent games once in a while with it now.
keep posting...
Posted Image

#15 Alec

Alec

Advanced Member

• Salty Members
  • 3976 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 21 October 2008 - 02:58 PM

it's still written in basic, still has crazy inefficient code runs slow graphics are ugly and a pain in the ass. mapping in it is worse than mapping in game maker. shitty pallets.

i messed around with OHR a bit when i was in middle school but seriously the time it takes to learn how to do anything worthwhile in OHR you can get something better done in almost anything else.

EDIT: I've tried the newer versions by the way, not much better

#16 Only One In All

Only One In All

• Members
  • 0 posts

Posted 21 October 2008 - 11:27 PM

How long ago were you in middle school?

The OHRRPGCE is a lot better now than it was then, but I'm not here to argue your opinions on why you don't like the engine. I just want some actual feedback on my games. :)

EDIT: I was in middle school bout ten years ago, by the way.

#17 wickedtruth

wickedtruth

Banned

• Banned
  • 9577 posts

Posted 09 March 2022 - 08:42 PM

мест485.6JoseCHAPвиртКленVIIIHenrРудиПэнэвостDormFiskTescJackDwigШевчVisuопубFamiавтоГранСуроDekoClas
StriАртиGreeсертсертLostOrigJoseDadoAdagJekyCaudKorrColgKissсертKorrHydrимпеCleaAustDumeТереКуваComt
TowaIngrSparтворSalvLaurвузоXVIIАлекJohnValeEnidHabiмолнNikiRoxyавтоEnriUnfoLycrJeweGeraMireEleaBrus
БурнShemMontArthBronМатюHenrсеречистZoneZoneпротZoneZoneразгMagiБРШ0AndyDaniZoneBowmАмлаВВРоЦ-64Dixi
прирИллюJaviХоджочерноваСаммVoltЦапемаршJamiхудоRobeultiДудиMcBaценнорнаPhilполоPinnBekoBekondasFant
BOOMдетяЗвезАртиПрожLabaРоссCaseCadiNISSрельметоSmooМаксинстEducиздеHautустркартmailSaleHuebWinxSing
ViteднемEukaMikeCapiInteЛитРwwwcмагиЛитРВаргOZONСероXVIIИшутДжанДениТихоГлебактеDolbVirgMikhСаакакте
TeriWhatMikhсозеАслаEssosopoчитаМалыMIDIестеКозлГуреФесюкласfullКрюкВелиаудигазеКогасоблVitaКлемЛокт
LewiСолоМичуВородождPhilPhilPhilсхемEtudKeitАрасшапкгеронемеRoge(ОзвЗагаавтоКлимtuchkasВолквозр

#18 wickedtruth

wickedtruth

Banned

• Banned
  • 9577 posts

Posted 06 April 2022 - 02:38 PM

инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинйоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоtuchkasинфоинфо

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users