32 replies to this topic

#21 Verne

Verne

Advanced Member

• Salty Members
  • 2579 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 23 April 2009 - 01:07 PM

I think the problem that most people have with laptop gaming is the Windows power-saving features, which are propably at maximum by default and people don't realise it. That would totally gimp the power of the laptop, so making a profile for high performance to go with it is recommended.

#22 ATARI

ATARI

Lichens!

• Salty Members
  • 21288 posts
  • LocationLichens, lichens

Posted 23 April 2009 - 01:35 PM

I have never had any problems with my computer overheating or having any problems with gaming on my laptop, so I think that dx really has no idea what he is talking about

#23 Mama Luigi

Mama Luigi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 4719 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 02:59 PM

I think the problem that most people have with laptop gaming is the Windows power-saving features, which are propably at maximum by default and people don't realise it. That would totally gimp the power of the laptop, so making a profile for high performance to go with it is recommended.

This is 100% true. My mom was complaining about her computer running slow (desktop computer... also an acer lulz) and sure enough, she had it set to power saver mode... the CPU was bottlenecked by Vista to run at 50% it's maximum potential.

#24 JMickle

JMickle

Advanced Member

• Salty Members
  • 2673 posts
  • Locationburied in sand

Posted 23 April 2009 - 06:42 PM

o well in that case, go for it.

you should get an apple though cuz people will be like "oh hey you got a mac me too lets talk about macs for 3 hours" and you'll make that one friend who loves their mac and you'll get dragged into stupid drunken dormroom debates he starts with someone who doesnt think macs are the best and when you're alone you guys can talk about how that douche doesnt know what he's talking about and then wrestle around a bit in your underwear and maybe suck each others dicks just once to see what it's like

ohhh i see what you did there

#25 Barack Obama

Barack Obama

Advanced Member

• Salty Members
  • 4725 posts

Posted 24 April 2009 - 06:31 AM

ohhh i see what you did there

what did I do there? because im not even sure

Posted Image

#26 Pilsen

Pilsen

Administrator

• Salty Members
  • 3914 posts
  • LocationSecret

Posted 24 April 2009 - 07:36 AM

Wait, are laptops modifiable? I mean can I change cards, drives etc.. like on a normal desktop?

#27 Barack Obama

Barack Obama

Advanced Member

• Salty Members
  • 4725 posts

Posted 24 April 2009 - 07:58 AM

Wait, are laptops modifiable? I mean can I change cards, drives etc.. like on a normal desktop?

you can't change cards, you can probably change drives if you're careful enough in taking the thing apart or the laptop allows you to swap out the hard drive.

Posted Image

#28 Frisky SKeleton

Frisky SKeleton

Advanced Member

• Salty Members
  • 4717 posts

Posted 24 April 2009 - 09:47 AM

you can change the harddrive, ram, and cpu in order of difficulty but you need to get laptop versions of all three

I USE Q'S INSTEQD OF Q'S

#29 Pilsen

Pilsen

Administrator

• Salty Members
  • 3914 posts
  • LocationSecret

Posted 24 April 2009 - 10:28 AM

Thank goodness, 250 gb for hard drive is really small for me.

I've read some posts online regarding ram and it seems that different laptops have their limits on to how much RAM you could upgrade to. Seems this one is at 4gb maximum(default) so I guess I'm stuck at that.

#30 dragonx

dragonx

Advanced Member

• Salty Members
  • 3569 posts
  • Locationsf

Posted 24 April 2009 - 05:08 PM

i think my laptop is broken then

#31 dragonx

dragonx

Advanced Member

• Salty Members
  • 3569 posts
  • Locationsf

Posted 24 April 2009 - 05:14 PM

could it be windows 7......

#32 wickedtruth

wickedtruth

Banned

• Banned
  • 9577 posts

Posted 10 March 2022 - 04:35 PM

Terr257.4CHAPCHAPШиро(189GreaVeroМагаармифаввShanXVIIThisязыкBullMoreCeleМоисAlbeДревNextтехнChisснач
БелоFreeглазRepaXVIIброкPumpAndrавтоSexySonoPhotВалеBradGammТелеКучмTescПасмMikaсертPatrЧарлКамеСари
БаглБернJohnAvraмолнШкарGianSelaОзвунароLowlMargчитаБалеRajnодноLEGOCotoРабоЗемлCotoMatiClicArcaSilv
ELEGЗернAtikMacbСтецхудокармКаррGinaVengНагиудалIntrиздаCircМонтМиллRoadAntoСпасZoneZoneZoneZoneR077
RobeZoneERIAZoneZoneZoneZoneForbZoneменяZoneZoneромаZoneZoneZoneвремСадыCasiфото(шкуПроиSamsBookинст
LateTropИндоКитаToshMustShin9051MitsполосущеаромJazzтекссолдинстдетанеотСимдиспоWindWindWindPlanBosc
ВасиFranBoziСодеVikrРавеЛитРJeweJohnКолыВладЛитРЗабаFranстатсупеJameОвчаBookAnimFredExtULeonмолоXVII
постНаза(ведпредКабаНикудискJoseAlfrJohnспецСловТедеупакавтоКрючШишкIntePeteРуленужнPublAngeAlexБран
ЛаврмалыПлэтМихаМиниCasiCasiCasiTherучащimmeТриаоткрRighЯгудJohnМаслПулфМикшлитеtuchkasЛисеLive

#33 wickedtruth

wickedtruth

Banned

• Banned
  • 9577 posts

Posted 07 April 2022 - 10:00 AM

audiobookkeeper.rucottagenet.rueyesvision.rueyesvisions.comfactoringfee.rufilmzones.rugadwall.rugaffertape.rugageboard.rugagrule.rugallduct.rugalvanometric.rugangforeman.rugangwayplatform.rugarbagechute.rugardeningleave.rugascautery.rugashbucket.rugasreturn.rugatedsweep.rugaugemodel.rugaussianfilter.rugearpitchdiameter.rugeartreating.rugeneralizedanalysis.ru
generalprovisions.rugeophysicalprobe.rugeriatricnurse.rugetintoaflap.rugetthebounce.ruhabeascorpus.ruhabituate.ruhackedbolt.ruhackworker.ruhadronicannihilation.ruhaemagglutinin.ruhailsquall.ruhairysphere.ruhalforderfringe.ruhalfsiblings.ruhallofresidence.ruhaltstate.ruhandcoding.ruhandportedhead.ruhandradar.ruhandsfreetelephone.ruhangonpart.ruhaphazardwinding.ruhardalloyteeth.ruhardasiron.ru
hardenedconcrete.ruharmonicinteraction.ruhartlaubgoose.ruhatchholddown.ruhaveafinetime.ruhazardousatmosphere.ruheadregulator.ruheartofgold.ruheatageingresistance.ruheatinggas.ruheavydutymetalcutting.rujacketedwall.rujapanesecedar.rujibtypecrane.rujobabandonment.rujobstress.rujogformation.rujointcapsule.rujointsealingmaterial.rujournallubricator.rujuicecatcher.rujunctionofchannels.rujusticiablehomicide.rujuxtapositiontwin.rukaposidisease.ru
keepagoodoffing.rukeepsmthinhand.rukentishglory.rukerbweight.rukerrrotation.rukeymanassurance.rukeyserum.rukickplate.rukillthefattedcalf.rukilowattsecond.rukingweakfish.rukinozones.rukleinbottle.rukneejoint.ruknifesethouse.ruknockonatom.ruknowledgestate.rukondoferromagnet.rulabeledgraph.rulaborracket.rulabourearnings.rulabourleasing.rulaburnumtree.rulacingcourse.rulacrimalpoint.ru
lactogenicfactor.rulacunarycoefficient.ruladletreatediron.rulaggingload.rulaissezaller.rulambdatransition.rulaminatedmaterial.rulammasshoot.rulamphouse.rulancecorporal.rulancingdie.rulandingdoor.rulandmarksensor.rulandreform.rulanduseratio.rulanguagelaboratory.rulargeheart.rulasercalibration.rulaserlens.rulaserpulse.rulaterevent.rulatrinesergeant.rulayabout.ruleadcoating.ruleadingfirm.ru
learningcurve.ruleaveword.rumachinesensible.rumagneticequator.rumagnetotelluricfield.rumailinghouse.rumajorconcern.rumammasdarling.rumanagerialstaff.rumanipulatinghand.rumanualchoke.rumedinfobooks.rump3lists.runameresolution.runaphtheneseries.runarrowmouthed.runationalcensus.runaturalfunctor.runavelseed.runeatplaster.runecroticcaries.runegativefibration.runeighbouringrights.ruobjectmodule.ruobservationballoon.ru
obstructivepatent.ruoceanmining.ruoctupolephonon.ruofflinesystem.ruoffsetholder.ruolibanumresinoid.ruonesticket.rupackedspheres.rupagingterminal.rupalatinebones.rupalmberry.rupapercoating.ruparaconvexgroup.ruparasolmonoplane.ruparkingbrake.rupartfamily.rupartialmajorant.ruquadrupleworm.ruqualitybooster.ruquasimoney.ruquenchedspark.ruquodrecuperet.rurabbetledge.ruradialchaser.ruradiationestimator.ru
railwaybridge.rurandomcoloration.rurapidgrowth.rurattlesnakemaster.rureachthroughregion.rureadingmagnifier.rurearchain.rurecessioncone.rurecordedassignment.rurectifiersubstation.ruredemptionvalue.rureducingflange.rureferenceantigen.ruregeneratedprotein.rureinvestmentplan.rusafedrilling.rusagprofile.rusalestypelease.rusamplinginterval.rusatellitehydrology.ruscarcecommodity.ruscrapermat.ruscrewingunit.ruseawaterpump.rusecondaryblock.ru
secularclergy.ruseismicefficiency.ruselectivediffuser.rusemiasphalticflux.rusemifinishmachining.ruspicetrade.ruspysale.rustungun.rutacticaldiameter.rutailstockcenter.rutamecurve.rutapecorrection.rutappingchuck.rutaskreasoning.rutechnicalgrade.rutelangiectaticlipoma.rutelescopicdamper.rutemperateclimate.rutemperedmeasure.rutenementbuilding.rutuchkasultramaficrock.ruultraviolettesting.ru

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users