JMickle

Advanced Member

• Salty Members
  • 2673 posts
  • Locationburied in sand

Posted 04 May 2009 - 08:11 PM

YEAH YEAH YEAHS - IT'S BLITZ
Posted Image

I was recommended this album from a friend, who was talking about how 2009 has been a great year for music so far, so I took them up on their word and got this album.

The style is mostly electronic, but is really upbeat and fun. I really enjoyed this album straight from the first track, and I would suggest anyone interested in electronic, indie or just pop music in general to get it.

ZERO

The yeah yeah yeahs is a female vocalist, a guitarist and a drummer, based in new york. It's Blitz is there 3rd album, and they say it is a different sound to their earlier work, "but still sounds like the yeah yeah yeahs" according to the band.

Has anyone else listened to this album? Anyone enjoy it as much as I do?

WEBSITE - http://www.yeahyeahyeahs.com/
MYSPACE - http://www.myspace.com/yeahyeahyeahs
LAST FM - http://www.last.fm/m...Yeah Yeah Yeahs

#2 Artis Leon Ivey Jr

Artis Leon Ivey Jr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 20067 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 08:20 PM

i actually thought only panda cared for this band but this is like the fifth person to bring up this album. was this a high profile release or something?

unfortunately i include myself in this caring thing, sorry karen o you kind of bore me.
brian chemicals

#3 dom

dom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 2503 posts
  • Location~ PARAMORE ~

Posted 04 May 2009 - 08:22 PM

reaaaally boring band

Posted Image

#4 JMickle

JMickle

Advanced Member

• Salty Members
  • 2673 posts
  • Locationburied in sand

Posted 04 May 2009 - 08:22 PM

i dunno how high profile it is but i'm not really 'in touch' tbh

i just get told about shit occasionally.

#5 the_bub_from_the_pit

the_bub_from_the_pit

Advanced Member

• Salty Members
  • 2141 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 08:29 PM

i actually thought only panda cared for this band but this is like the fifth person to bring up this album. was this a high profile release or something?

unfortunately i include myself in this caring thing, sorry karen o you kind of bore me.

whhaat almost all of my friends know about it and some of the tracks have been remixed by several high profile artists!

#6 JMickle

JMickle

Advanced Member

• Salty Members
  • 2673 posts
  • Locationburied in sand

Posted 04 May 2009 - 08:34 PM

whhaat almost all of my friends know about it and some of the tracks have been remixed by several high profile artists!

orly?

#7 the_bub_from_the_pit

the_bub_from_the_pit

Advanced Member

• Salty Members
  • 2141 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 08:39 PM

ya zero has been remixed by mstrkrft, animal collective, NASA and iirc bloody beetroots and i've heard some other versions, too. it's played/remixed at electro clubs sometimes too

#8 Artis Leon Ivey Jr

Artis Leon Ivey Jr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 20067 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 08:47 PM

no i know this they are big in indie crowds but i never heard GW talk about like MAPS or whatever and suddenly in the past week BOOM YEAH I'VE ALWAYS LOVED THEM.

just kind of surprising always when the music forum does that. when i tried to compile a list of bands gw didn't hear part of me got annoyed because no one was clear on the fact that even i wasn't clear on the criteria but i was also surprised by how many people knew and adored CLINIC or whatever.
brian chemicals

#9 Ryan

Ryan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 7075 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 04 May 2009 - 10:32 PM

idiot kid introduced me to the yeah yeah yeahs a few months ago. i like them a lot, but this is probably their worst album! it's not BAD but it's just not as good as the other two. there's a few standout tracks but nothing really mindblowing or anything
Posted Image

#10 JMickle

JMickle

Advanced Member

• Salty Members
  • 2673 posts
  • Locationburied in sand

Posted 04 May 2009 - 10:36 PM

i've not heard there other stuff i may have to check it out.

#11 headphonics

headphonics

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 6616 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 10:37 PM

yeah it's weak as hell.  theyre not a boring band by any means and fever to tell is quite the opposite (show your bones is a bit more STANDARD ROCK but i think it's still really good, especially shit like way out/warrior), but this album is bland to me.

#12 Barack Obama

Barack Obama

Advanced Member

• Salty Members
  • 4725 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 11:02 PM

They've always been one of those bands that were recommended to me and I never bothered listening to them because I just assumed it was bad based on who was recommending them to me.

I eventually listened to each of their albums and they did not interest me in the slightest. They're not horrible, but I'd never sit down and listen to them casually.

Posted Image

#13 ase

ase

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 7691 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 11:34 PM

i never bothered to listen to them because i assumed they were just another rock band band

#14 Frisky SKeleton

Frisky SKeleton

Advanced Member

• Salty Members
  • 4717 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 01:13 AM

the yeah yeah yeahs are one of the few bands i dig. i didn't even know they had a new album, this is a pleasent surprise

I USE Q'S INSTEQD OF Q'S

#15 wickedtruth

wickedtruth

Banned

• Banned
  • 9577 posts

Posted 10 March 2022 - 05:44 PM

Whre145.3BettBettXVIIпатрВолкСкатМагастудиздаNothSkarMineШилоKennконсCharДымшMarkЕмцеRuthкульЛелю(Ряб
BarbРождприсДолиJeanКрасчитаKaraДжекSTOLтворСодеEineГайдДикаШредФролростGunaVernActiCredFranRossпосв
DougГолаЕленКонеModoПинаELEGElegБлесRoxyEnjoЗапаРоссАллеJohnпрепMariLycrБориРыбисертSelaWittKoffSela
РазмПаламелоMacbвдохслужBrixерес(ХолMariJosiсмерДункГорлGatsДжесЧоттZoneНазаHighqZenZoneZoneZoneZone
БейлZoneZoneZoneсереZoneZoneСказZoneZoneZoneZoneписаZoneZoneKuniхорофарфпродFrosWritVestGerbBookPina
ПаулCM18PETE1591DumbШумаКабаBeflVOLVМетаЛивабезоFreeРоссупакPostАлевМакаприбрезиmailWindmailWinxRedm
хлопQueeChoiЛитРЛитРМихагазеКирсЛитРколлDiamBeteRussМилоОксиМарк(189XVIIBeneэпосXVIIHughVeliлениПашк
унивHuntBellБрусJennCeciРузоРостHomoФеокСтарАвтоИванСоде90-9ШитопеснПерсChriWaynАлекBechMalaвузоBack
автоFionВеркГринКорнпродпродпродначаМороГусеUndiAwayInteчитасостRobeПереСтруЛитеtuchkasавтогубе

#16 wickedtruth

wickedtruth

Banned

• Banned
  • 9577 posts

Posted 07 April 2022 - 11:09 AM

инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинйоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоtuchkasинфоинфо

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users