Photo

[swansaw] 1950s music we played a set of 1950s covers at a dance at a library.

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 cowardknower

cowardknower

Advanced Member

• Salty Members
  • 845 posts

Posted 09 May 2009 - 08:02 AM

swansaw does the sock hop
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
explanation
so a few months ago my girlfriends friend mentioned a 1950s themed dance that the library was throwing and i was like WANT LIVE MUSIC and she wa slike yeah sure.  so we meant to practice really hard and do a great set but we only practiced like twice.  but we spent one practice entirely doing a custom arrangement of somewhere over the rainbow and then we ended up rushing through the other 6 songs in one rehearsal

<edit> she just reminded me that we actually came up with the idea ourselves for the sock hop and suggested it to shannon.
video

#2 big ass skelly

big ass skelly

Advanced Member

• Salty Members
  • 7865 posts

Posted 09 May 2009 - 10:40 AM

I clicked one and it wasn't very toe-tappin but I clicked another one and it was much more toe-tappin :)

#3 jamie

jamie

ruined former youth seeking atonement

• Salty Members
  • 8248 posts

Posted 09 May 2009 - 11:06 AM

Good tracks, good! I like Johnny B Good. Also in that first picture you look like you just might pull out a Katana from your back.

#4 Shepperd

Shepperd

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 10087 posts

Posted 09 May 2009 - 09:26 PM

sunglasses = not cool

your belt is a bit too long

I'm pretty skinny but damn you are VERY skinny

hooray for Fashion SWAT.

as for the music, don't have time now, have to go to the market

Posted Image

#5 jamie

jamie

ruined former youth seeking atonement

• Salty Members
  • 8248 posts

Posted 09 May 2009 - 09:32 PM

I like the shades. Up high on the shades.

#6 headphonics

headphonics

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 6616 posts

Posted 09 May 2009 - 09:40 PM

yeah the belt's definitely off

on a subject related to your music, whyd ya take down your youtubes

#7 blood hell

blood hell

Advanced Member

• Salty Members
  • 2959 posts

Posted 10 May 2009 - 01:14 AM

watched a few of the vids all i can say is it shows you didnt practice much. damn you guys just stand around the whole time!!! wheres the eneergy

#8 cowardknower

cowardknower

Advanced Member

• Salty Members
  • 845 posts

Posted 10 May 2009 - 01:35 AM

haha well i am normally energetic as hell when playing guitar in swansaw (way more than the last swansaw videos we put up) but I didnt know what to do as just a singer.

and yeah, we did not practice much.  I thought we did ok for most of them though, like we messed some shit up but you know.

@headphonics: took down the vids because I don't really like the way I was singing in them.  Will put up new ones eventually.

#9 Puppet Master

Puppet Master

Advanced Member

• Salty Members
  • 1341 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 09:56 PM

I thought In Dreams came out in like 1962.  If you wanted to be more energetic there, you could have just studied the screne from Blue Velvet.

But enough of that, you guys are actually surprisingly adept to this kind of music. Also, the  pictures are pretty funny.

#10 Farren

Farren

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 6518 posts
  • LocationNorthwest Florida

Posted 19 May 2009 - 02:07 PM

I'm getting this when I get my comp back but you need to get some fuckin meat on you boy for sure.
DEUCE: MEETING THE URINE UP CLOSE AND PERSONAL AND REALIZING IT'S JUST LIKE ME AND MY PREJUDICES  THIS WHOLE TIME WERE COMPLETELY FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF PTTTTHTHTHH GOD IT'S EVERYWHERE<br />DEUCE: FUCK THIS TASTES LIKE PISS<br />PANTS: WHERE IT SHOULD TASTE LIKE COTTON CANDY OR PICKLES<br />DEUCE: OR AT LEAST LIKE URINE NOT PISS

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users