8 replies to this topic

#1 halibabica

halibabica

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 861 posts
  • LocationSomewhere, for sure...

Posted 14 May 2009 - 10:25 AM

I recently found an easier way of sharing custom Brawl stages with other people without having to deal with all the friend code bullshit!  I wouldn't be surprised if some of you already knew about this, though.  I've uploaded a file with all my Stage Builder data, and all you have to do to use them is:

1. download the file below
2. copy the contents to a Wii-compatible SD Card
3. ENJOY!

download 'em!

And I have some screenshots for you, too!

[hide=(kinda big)]
Posted Image
Title: 02
Song: 02 Battle

It's the final boss of Kirby 64!  You can choose to fight on his head, in his wings, or even on top of his halo.  You can't catch the edges of the wings to recover, but they can be slipped through easily from below.

Posted Image
Title: Array
Song: Step: The Plain

The heights in this stage are dizzying!  As long as you stay between the two towers, there are only two ways out: up and down.  Use the randomly placed platforms to your advantage, and stay away from that pit if you know what's good for you!

Posted Image
Title: Bottom Out
Song: Flower Field

The falling blocks let you into this small room...and seal the exit!  There's only one way out once the blocks reform, and that's the ominous hole in the middle.  The edges can't be caught onto, so the trick is to knock your foes down while staying out of the pit yourself!  Using the ceiling to ricoche your enemies isn't a bad idea...

Posted Image
Title: Dr. Mario
Song: Chill

Ew, what's with that freaky virus?  Fighting inside the bottle can get pretty crazy.  Use the yellow virus (spring) to reach the red virus (falling block) and knock it down for a more open window.  Or, take the fight outside and brawl on the score display.  Just try not to get sick.

Posted Image
Title: Explosion
Song: Sonic Boom

Ka-booooooom!  This massive stage is packed with platforms!  Moving around the debris is a breeze, and you can approach your enemy from almost any direction you want.  If this doesn't catch your eye, I don't know what will.

Posted Image
Title: Pachinko
Song: Gyromite

Hey, it's that old land-the-little-balls-in-the-little-cups game!  As items spawn, they often bounce into the cups or down the pit.  The stage might be large, but you're safer on the outskirts than anywhere near the central trap.  You can't pass through the cups, so navigation can be tricky at times.  But, you could use that to your advantage as well...[/hide]

This is a very small sample of what's contained in the download.  If you really must know, I made 259 stages in all.  Some are better than others, but they're definitely worth a look.  And you can always delete the ones you don't like.

And, if anyone else wants to share the stages they've made, all you need to do is:

1. Save the stages to an SD Card in Brawl
2. Copy the folder path that starts with "private" to your computer
3. Upload it!

Viva la pelea!
"Every day is once in a lifetime."

Visit the Pokemon Hunter official site!
Read my comic series, Hylian Odyssey!

#2 Cardinal Ximenez

Cardinal Ximenez

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 1975 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 14 May 2009 - 01:11 PM

These actually look somewhat impressive.

#3 Standard Toaster

Standard Toaster

Advanced Member

• Salty Members
  • 4781 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 03:27 PM

yea these are some of the first actually well designed stages i've seen. array looks like it would be really fun to play on.

sadly i don't have a wii so i won't be playing on these.

#4 halibabica

halibabica

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 861 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 02:37 AM

Well, I'm glad to hear they look good, even though you can't really use them.  I might put up more individual shots and descriptions later, but here's the entire contents of the download:

[hide=(this one's REALLY huge)]Posted Image
Posted Image[/hide]

259 in all...nope, I wasn't kidding.

#5 Brown

Brown

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 4302 posts
  • LocationCanada Ontario

Posted 15 May 2009 - 09:30 AM

holy crap that is awesome man. kudos for the awesome maps. i dont have a wii but im gonna bring this over to a friends tomorrow. shall comment then.

#6 Eltee

Eltee

junker

• Salty Members
  • 1805 posts
  • Locationmontreal

Posted 16 May 2009 - 12:56 AM

That's actually a very impressive ammount of levels, and they mostly look good.

I only ever made one decent map, but I love it very much. Don't think I'm ever gonna post it though..

#7 halibabica

halibabica

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 861 posts

Posted 16 May 2009 - 02:55 AM

The reason I made so many stages was so I would have a grand total of 300 altogether.  Brawl lets you use 258 different songs for the BGMs in custom stages, and there are 41 ordinary/melee stages.  So, one stage for every song is 258, plus 41 normal stages is 299, and I made just one extra stage for an even 300.  The song I reused was Scrap Brain Zone, and the exception stage it went to was the first I ever made.  It's also the first one in that compilation picture.

I tried to do something different with each stage, but with a goal of 259, some were bound to be similar.  At least they're all playable (mostly).

Oh, and an important note for those of you who decide to download them: the Wii has a more difficult time reading stages from an SD Card, and Brawl's random stage select can't choose stages on one, either.  So, if you find one you like, you may be better off copying it to the Wii instead.

#8 wickedtruth

wickedtruth

Banned

• Banned
  • 9577 posts

Posted 10 March 2022 - 06:04 PM

Bche159.6BettBettКузнDaleБродAndrSomeзавоВелиМитрTescВсерзавеМаргиталуволDaniРыбаEyviЛаврФедопроиСоло
КуцеБеттTeleGellКанеВладстихКостиспоАлекWestИвлеPeerKonsвзртАнанКолпКикнФролСодеGreeтоваStuaГостМаев
ГришСуриJudgГариElegначаELEGSpliSideReviAltaИллюMichУстюДонсHerbCollПоснтундМумиэконRoxyпласWittSela
ModoЧегоElegWorlЗоркXVIIELEGСальXVIISonyCoffпираправДемеTraiMarcБелоZoneShauZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZone
Кесс9004сереZoneZoneZone03-0КазнWestZoneZoneZone(196хар-ZoneAnthхороукамCMOSПроишампLiebGaltBook8008
BookCM31Pola3955РоссSponЦифеMobiMAZDМонепослАнтиJazzпредкраскистVasiвокрMariWALLWindEnhamailIrenBork
сертCoctBritЛитРMagmисслSideJohnконкМороправЛитРБориМаргПигафоль(189LouiЛеваGustWaltШварвозьWindЗубк
ГалкNanaComeострFendGregТокаbachОрлоWindХасиСодеКостСодеавтоWelcПустКочеРоссВихаНефепечаСолоRobeРуде
КолеДениClauПевцФаркCMOSCMOSCMOSначаписаThomKareChriCockУсмасемьМишиWindАнциНекрtuchkasГабрRequ

#9 wickedtruth

wickedtruth

Banned

• Banned
  • 9577 posts

Posted 07 April 2022 - 11:29 AM

сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайт
сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайт
сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтtuchkasсайтсайт

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users