137 replies to this topic

#1 Silhouette

Silhouette

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 852 posts
  • LocationRexburg, Idaho, USA

Posted 06 November 2009 - 03:41 AM

I think it's fairly obvious that most everyone here has been touched by Steel somehow, large or small. I think it would be appropriate to do something to honor him.

I had one idea earlier that might seem appropriate, given Steel's interests and the month:

You know, I don't know if this would have any interest, but I have heard that this month is NaNoWriMo or something like that, and I know Steel was interested in it last year. Perhaps you guys could get together and write something for that about Steel and your memories of him, something you guys could share with GW and/or his family?
Just a thought. *shrugs*

What are some other things that you guys can think of, in order to honor his memory?
Webmaster, www.wmsigler.net

#2 Barack Obama

Barack Obama

Advanced Member

• Salty Members
  • 4725 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 04:06 AM

i saw that climbtree  :fogetfingerwag:

Posted Image

#3 headphonics

headphonics

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 6616 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 04:15 AM

his family might need help with the funeral bills.  it's possibly more practical than what a lot of others would say, but they're going through enough shit right now, and i know his mother has been struggling to pay the medical bills for a long time.  nobody should have to lose a family member and then stress about financial shit at the same time.

#4 Ghost_Aspergers

Ghost_Aspergers

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 11689 posts
  • Locationgehenna

Posted 06 November 2009 - 04:19 AM

Gathering and sharing our choice pms and chat logs and cataloging a few forum and blog posts into some sort of memorial section is all I can think of as far as internetting goes. Who knows how long said resources will remain available so if it's to be done it's best that it's done asap.

I'm interested in rereading some of his LIFE stories myself so if anyone has links [or archives, since a lot of it has been tucked away from public view by now I'm sure] to share feel free to share them.

#5 Hundley

Hundley

professional disappointment

• Salty Members
  • 12440 posts
  • LocationThe Zone

Posted 06 November 2009 - 04:29 AM

i am going to open a nail factory

#6 Farren

Farren

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 6518 posts
  • LocationNorthwest Florida

Posted 06 November 2009 - 05:01 AM

I like the idea of a memorial that would be really cool
DEUCE: MEETING THE URINE UP CLOSE AND PERSONAL AND REALIZING IT'S JUST LIKE ME AND MY PREJUDICES  THIS WHOLE TIME WERE COMPLETELY FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF PTTTTHTHTHH GOD IT'S EVERYWHERE<br />DEUCE: FUCK THIS TASTES LIKE PISS<br />PANTS: WHERE IT SHOULD TASTE LIKE COTTON CANDY OR PICKLES<br />DEUCE: OR AT LEAST LIKE URINE NOT PISS

#7 Hundley

Hundley

professional disappointment

• Salty Members
  • 12440 posts
  • LocationThe Zone

Posted 06 November 2009 - 05:49 AM

also i said rude things to dane cook on twitter in steel's memory
http://twitter.com/G...atus/5453593022

#8 Parker

Parker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 3751 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 06 November 2009 - 05:58 AM

also i said rude things to dane cook on twitter in steel's memory
http://twitter.com/G...atus/5453593022

actually pretty touching.

#9 mkkmypet

mkkmypet

Fuzzball of Doom!!!11one

• Salty Members
  • 2457 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 06 November 2009 - 06:33 AM

Hundley you are awesome. Hah, thank you for that, and for all the things you have posted regarding Steel.

as far as a memorial goes, let's definitely dig up everything we can from the past that has to do with this. I will post some saved images and convos and whatnot tomorrow. Someone should find a way to easily save all his GW posts and upload them to google docs or something. and anyone with PMs and stuff should post any that they feel obliged to share, because I'm sure we all want to take in as much of this old stuff as possible right now...
semper games.

#10 Massy2k6

Massy2k6

Advanced Member

• Salty Members
  • 1255 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 06 November 2009 - 08:49 AM

I didnt even know anything had happened to Steel, did I miss a thread somewhere? I didnt know the guy very well but I was around early enough to catch a few of his posts and I know he was very well liked, so I would definitly want to read up on old threads and posts of his.

76561198001038774.png

#11 Pasty

Pasty

Advanced Member

• Salty Members
  • 1616 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 08:51 AM

open up the archives so we can at least see some of his old posts. or at least bring back the awesome topics forum if nothing else.

#12 Massy2k6

Massy2k6

Advanced Member

• Salty Members
  • 1255 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 06 November 2009 - 08:57 AM

Also out of curiosity, was Steel around during the RM2k frenzy and if so did he ever produce a demo/game or something?

76561198001038774.png

#13 Hresvelgr White

Hresvelgr White

• Members
  • 27 posts
  • LocationSomewhere I shouldn't be.

Posted 06 November 2009 - 09:05 AM

I want to add to the open up the archives idea.  That's good.

Also, I'm no good at this sort of thing but I want to leave something in memorium so:

gope iskd where the asphalt ends.  keep on rockin in the freew orld, steel old boy i know u got what it takes.

RIP.

#14 unusualgamer

unusualgamer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 5452 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 06 November 2009 - 09:11 AM

Why is there not a board above General dedicated to Steel yet?

#15 ase

ase

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 7691 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 09:19 AM

I'll talk to Drule and see if we can open some of the archives up, as long as it isn't a server strain or whatever.

#16 c0nfu53d

c0nfu53d

Advanced Member

• Salty Members
  • 1546 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 09:53 AM

Maybe we could do a (very) mini chain project in rm2k3 to honour him. Any body can contribute a small section (small we don't want a repeate of the cg4 fiasco) even if it a single screen.
Posted Image

#17 headphonics

headphonics

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 6616 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 10:25 AM

I'll talk to Drule and see if we can open some of the archives up, as long as it isn't a server strain or whatever.

wouldn't want the server to be strained

#18 Vellfire

Vellfire

TV people want to leave

• Salty Members
  • 14593 posts
  • LocationKentucky

Posted 06 November 2009 - 01:08 PM

does someone have the pic he did of him doing a rodeo around his room

i have the one i edited to say MOZZA or w/e that topic called for but i would like to see the regular one

i mean jesus he was just so.....happy in that :(

I love this hobby - stealing your mother's diary
BRRING! BRRING!
Hello!  It's me, Vellfire!  FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER! ... Bye!  CLICK!  @gidgetnomates

#19 Allen Hunter

Allen Hunter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 600 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 01:39 PM

Posted Image
This goes out to all the people who have lost such interesting people to such a vile disease.
Posted Image
\m/NWOBHM lives on\m/
Posted Image

Хорошая работа для для того чтобы потерять ваше время путем перенести этот никудышный блок текста в английском.

#20 Vellfire

Vellfire

TV people want to leave

• Salty Members
  • 14593 posts
  • LocationKentucky

Posted 06 November 2009 - 01:57 PM

one more request:  could someone post a link to the book that was given to him with the check?

I love this hobby - stealing your mother's diary
BRRING! BRRING!
Hello!  It's me, Vellfire!  FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER! ... Bye!  CLICK!  @gidgetnomates

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users